This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

IYO: What was the biggest downer of this generation?

#131UkichiTachibanaPosted 9/15/2013 8:03:49 AM(edited)
akuma634 posted...
Whiny gamers on the internet who can't find one nice thing to say about how great we have it.

Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines, no I didn't expect them to be the "greatest games ever made" but I did expect to have some degree of fun with those games. Serious Sam 3: BFE did EVERYTHING Duke Nukem Forever wished it could have been. As for Aliens, we may never see a game that does the first 2 movies justice.

38 Studios because I loved Kingdoms Of Amalur, it's my longest played game on Steam. But the publisher other key figures on the business end just had no idea what they were doing. Their logic was that just making a big budget AAA game would magically grant them 50 times their budget and outsell Call Of Duty because it's a game. They were so caught up on this idea that they borrowed an astronomical amount of money to start a MMORPG spinoff based on the new IP before it was released. The game ended up being rejected by the gaming masses and everyone on the project suffered because of it. Even if somebody does buy up the KOA IP in auction, the guys who made the game are working for other companies and most gamers are too jaded to give a sequel a chance.

Oh give me a break, a Game hipster? You only like those games because it would be ironic to do so.

Go rub your weewee on your iphone you bundle of sticks.
#132NingishzidaPosted 9/15/2013 8:01:56 AM
UkichiTachibana posted...
Oh give me a break, a Game hipster? You only like those games because it would be ironic to do so.

ok, that's enough GameFAQs for the day.
#133ghostwarrior79Posted 9/15/2013 8:55:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#134kobalobasileusPosted 9/15/2013 10:08:18 AM
DLC
Microtransactions
Sequelitis
Touch controls
The death of turn-based
FPS domination on consoles
#135BogePosted 9/15/2013 11:57:31 AM(edited)
The crappy console ports of crappy first person shooters. We need more originality, more strategy and RPG style games.

I was playing Hidden & Dangerous 2 last night with my bros and we were wondering why the hell they just don't make games like that anymore. Instead they turn them into these PvP based fast shooters. Don't we have enough PvP shooters!?

Give me some games that require some brain power for a change! I miss those. DEPTH please!!!
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#136lovbbwsPosted 9/15/2013 12:37:00 PM
wyansas posted...
lovbbws posted...
Plaz412 posted...
Garhinder posted...
Ninja Gaiden 3.

Cracked a smile at this, I was hoping to see this mentioned. +1

are the ninja gaiden sigma games any good ??

Yeah, they're great. We wouldn't be so disappointed with 3 if 1 and 2 weren't great. Black/Sigma is one of my favorite games ever, and Sigma 2 is an overall improvement on 1 until you get to Master Ninja Mode.

oh is ninja gaiden sigma a remake of black? i didnt know that or were u just sayin black and sigma both were good sorry about the confusion ty :)
#137lovbbwsPosted 9/15/2013 12:39:12 PM
UkichiTachibana posted...
akuma634 posted...
Whiny gamers on the internet who can't find one nice thing to say about how great we have it.

Duke Nukem Forever and Aliens Colonial Marines, no I didn't expect them to be the "greatest games ever made" but I did expect to have some degree of fun with those games. Serious Sam 3: BFE did EVERYTHING Duke Nukem Forever wished it could have been. As for Aliens, we may never see a game that does the first 2 movies justice.

38 Studios because I loved Kingdoms Of Amalur, it's my longest played game on Steam. But the publisher other key figures on the business end just had no idea what they were doing. Their logic was that just making a big budget AAA game would magically grant them 50 times their budget and outsell Call Of Duty because it's a game. They were so caught up on this idea that they borrowed an astronomical amount of money to start a MMORPG spinoff based on the new IP before it was released. The game ended up being rejected by the gaming masses and everyone on the project suffered because of it. Even if somebody does buy up the KOA IP in auction, the guys who made the game are working for other companies and most gamers are too jaded to give a sequel a chance.

i loved duke nukem forever it wasnt earth shattering but was a nice fun FPS and thats all i ever expected and wanted im sorry everyone loathes it so much and we will probably never see another duke game again :(
#138Orestes417Posted 9/15/2013 1:02:58 PM
If you think shooters don't require brain power you're doing it wrong.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#139ggf162Posted 9/15/2013 1:57:49 PM
Duke Nukem Forever
---
My name is Ivan I like you
#140Private_Noob(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 5:25:01 PM
Bump it up.
---
Oh no! Private_Noob posted!
I'm the noobiest noob you'll ever see!