This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have come here to dismiss my preference for console gaming.

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 9/14/2013 4:41:06 PM
I'm not sure how you guys will react to this, for once. I've just come here to pull a BlogFaqs and discuss how I used to prefer console gaming over PC gaming.

Now, i'm not going to give up console gaming (not that anyone cares, just saying) but I will admit something that I'm not sure I understand at all.

I actually first started gaming on a PC. I think my first PC game was probably Duke Nukem 3D. I would play Duke Nukem, Tomb Raider 1, and Diablo 1. This was when I was about 7 and 8. Diablo gave me a lot of nightmares. Especially because I was catholic back then and I thought Diablo was going to eat my legs off in my sleep.

Anyway. I was always jealous of my cousins who had a Nintendo and my family was poor so we couldn't afford that. We had a PC mainly for internet use and for my dad to write poems and whatever else it was needed for.

It wasn't until a few years later that I got a PS1 and then a PS2. Ever since then, I never went back. Being a kid, I always thought that PC's were weaker than consoles. Probably because of marketing. I would see trailers for Final Fantasy X and all these other PS2 games and I had it in my mind that computers were for web browsing and watching movies, not much else. I thought consoles were the power houses that could play the top notch games.

I was always on the computer a lot but only on message boards. And to talk to my online friends.
Never for gaming. I thought that games like the ones on cartoonnetwork.com were the best that the PC could handle. I was so stupid before. But I was like 9 or 10. And extremely ignorant.

What I have come here to confess is that, even when I learned how powerful PC's really were, I never liked the idea of PC gaming. Why? I have no idea. Maybe I was brainwashed by console marketing? Maybe I'm a sony fanboy?

Back in the ps2 days, which were my MAJOR gaming days, games like DMC, MGS, and Kingdom Hearts as well as final fantasy were the source of my gaming. I guess I felt no need to look into PC gaming.

I never liked and hate the idea of WASD and the mouse. I know the mouse is more precise by far, but I will ALWAYS prefer a controller. Always. It's just the way I am. I hate the idea of WASD and mouse.

But now that I know about stuff like steam (those sales are ridiculously amazing) and now that I own a laptop that can play today's latest games, im actually starting to like pc gaming.

I wonder why I was so biased before. I hated the idea of gaming on a computer. I don't know why.

Oh well, that's the end of that story.
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode