This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mark of the NInja is kind of over rated

#1Knighted DragonPosted 9/14/2013 5:13:54 PM
Don't get me wrong, it's fun enough, but it's so easy that after like an hour I don't feel like playing any more. It's the same with all stealth games, the concept is really cool and is fun to play, but they are always so easy that they get boring. People always talk about MotN like it's the best Indie game out there, but I honestly wouldn't put it on the same tier with games like FTL or Trine 2(thats an indie game right?).

Are there any stealth games that are a bit more challenging or are fun to play? I was going to get Dishonored but my friends all said the same thing, that it was so easy that it was kind of boring too. I want to play a new stealth game, but pretty much all I've played that was fun enough to keep playing in recent years was just playing Crysis 2 as a stealth game and sneaking around
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/14/2013 5:15:51 PM
Dishonored isn't a stealth game because there's no chance you'll get caught if you don't want to. Teleportation, time stop, possession....
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#3TwinqePosted 9/14/2013 5:15:52 PM
How far into it are you? The later levels are quite challenging in my opinion.
---
i5 3570K @ 4.0GHz | MSI Z77A-G45 | MSI GTX 760 | Corsair GS 600 | Hyper 212 EVO | Corsair Vengeance 8GB | CM Storm Scout II
#4Knighted Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 5:17:10 PM

Only on the third or fourth level I think
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#5DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/14/2013 5:19:45 PM(edited)
TimePharaoh posted...
Dishonored isn't a stealth game because there's no chance you'll get caught if you don't want to. Teleportation, time stop, possession....

Just go for the no powers achievement (still allowed to use level 1 blink). No kills and turn off all the 'helpers'. Decently enjoyable that way.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#6SlaynPosted 9/14/2013 5:40:42 PM
Have you tried Alpha Protocol? I did a no kill stealth run, only using non-lethal ammo and takedowns.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#7Marioface5Posted 9/14/2013 5:44:43 PM
Knighted Dragon posted...

Only on the third or fourth level I think

Continue playing. I thought it wasn't that great for the first few levels either, but it gets a lot better the further you go.
---
The world gets weirder every day.
PSN: Marioface5
#8lionheart5656Posted 9/14/2013 6:14:42 PM
There's always that one guy who for no reason comes and takes a dump all over someone's favorite game for no reason whatsoever.

That's one very good indication of someone who has no real life.

Is your life so bad that you literally had nothing better to do but create a topic bashing a game for no reason at all except to bash it for the sake of bashing it because you heard that other people liked it?

I feel truly bad for you if that's the case.
---
http://tinyurl.com/3ljyptn
Shooting blanks, every time, all the time.
#9KCGeminiPosted 9/14/2013 6:17:21 PM
lionheart5656 posted...
There's always that one guy who for no reason comes and takes a dump all over someone's favorite game for no reason whatsoever.

That's one very good indication of someone who has no real life.

Is your life so bad that you literally had nothing better to do but create a topic bashing a game for no reason at all except to bash it for the sake of bashing it because you heard that other people liked it?

I feel truly bad for you if that's the case.

Have you not been to GameFAQs before?
---
What's wrong with the world these days is people don't have any common sense...
#10DiviDudePosted 9/14/2013 6:21:07 PM
I thought the later maps were too trial-and-error. In particular the introduction of the traps really changed the entire feeling of the game from smooth and elegant stealth to something more like Oddworld.