This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mark of the NInja is kind of over rated

#21Binba442Posted 9/15/2013 2:16:57 AM
Knighted Dragon posted...
How far into it are you? The later levels are quite challenging in my opinion.

Only on the third or fourth level I think

"Let's criticize the difficulty of a game!"

Is only on level 4.

Dat gamefaqs. Keep playing, it gets harder.
---
Pacman is a deadbeat uncle who embarrasses everyone involved while living off of his one single moment of glory he had back in the 80s -Tirkaro 2013
#22xicidisPosted 9/15/2013 2:40:06 AM
No. No it's not.

It's an amazing game. Also, rating it along with FTL is a good thing. Both games are awesome.
#23akuma634Posted 9/15/2013 5:46:48 AM
So pretty much the tl;dr version is "I thought it was easy so it's overrated." I can never understand that logic. I've gaming since Super Mario Bros but I've never once disliked a game for being easy. I'll take easy over impossibly hard any day because I'm not a masochist, I play games to have fun.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#24sfcalimariPosted 9/15/2013 7:34:39 AM
The last great stealth game for quite a while is Deus Ex Human Revolution. It's an imperfect game, but it's a pretty good game in general, and a great stealth game.

Dishonored was ok...great art design and decent storyline/lore and great voice acting. The stealth just didn't really do it for me, even on higher difficulty and doing a no-kill route. The stealth just isn't that challenging and imo they focused more on making the levels look clever rather than making them interesting or challenging to play in.

Alpha Protocol was a goddamn mess and is not worth playing, it's a beta that was never fixed. Get it, beta? Yeah, whatever.
---
We cannot base our information on something mystical. It is something that has to be proved scientifically, that a human being turned into a goat.
#25SilentHawk29Posted 9/15/2013 9:55:52 AM
Alpha Protocol is great aside from bugs and balancing issues. It does story branching as well as the original Deus Ex.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#26Knighted Dragon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 12:16:34 PM
There are these things referred to as difficulty settings.

Increasing the difficulty doesn't do anything besides make games more tedious. Enemies just have a health bar a mile long and one shot you, you just have to spend an extra minute and a half per enemy to kill them. Making a game more tedious is hardly a fix to making a game less boring because it's too easy.

"Let's criticize the difficulty of a game!"

Is only on level 4.

Oh boy, a couple hours in is DEFINITELY not a measure to how hard the game is what so ever. After asking around it sounds like most people say the game never gets any harder, while others say it doesn't get harder, just more tedious on later levels. I'm not saying it's a terrible game, it's just really easy to blow right through an entire level without ever fighting a single person.

So pretty much the tl;dr version is "I thought it was easy so it's overrated." I can never understand that logic. I've gaming since Super Mario Bros but I've never once disliked a game for being easy. I'll take easy over impossibly hard any day because I'm not a masochist, I play games to have fun.

Different opinions on whats fun I guess. When a game is so easy that feels like it's made for a toddler, it's hard to have fun with it. That's my problem with Scribblenauts, the concept is cool and I want to love the game, but it feels like I'm playing a leap frog game and I end just screwing around spawning monsters to fight each other until I get bored. A game doesn't have to be frustratingly hard to be fun, there is a very large happy medium where a game is challenging but certainly possible to beat if you just pay attention.
---
Matthew 7:21
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2492/gyenyame.jpg
#27wdfosterPosted 9/15/2013 12:54:23 PM
Not with stealth games my friend. With shooters, yes. Enemies become arbitrarily more difficult when you increase the difficulty. But stealth games are simply more challenging when increase the setting, because its not about fighting, its about remaining undetected.

So,

troll harder.
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan