This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Yet another "Recommend a game" topics

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Yet another "Recommend a game" topics

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
3 years ago#1
Back in the day, I adored a certain type of game. Mechwarrior: Mercenaries (2 or 4, didn't matter), Missionforce Cyberstorm - these are games where you built your squad, chose your missions, got paid, then upgraded your squad to continue. I could play them over and over, because each time I built a different type of squad and tackle the game a different way. It also made the battles intense, because when you lost a unit, it hurt your bottom line.

I enjoyed X-Com; Enemy Unknown, but besides that I can't find a game this generation that has these qualities. Anyone have any suggestions?
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: Magnemight

Magnemight
3 years ago#2
All Fire Emblem games.

not sure if being on the PC board disqualifies them from being mentioned but they do fit the description pretty well
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
3 years ago#3
I picked the PC board because this type of game is found more often on PC, but for the record I own the following systems;

PC
PS3
Xbox 360
Vita
Wii (although I hardly use this one)
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang

User Info: son_gogetto

son_gogetto
3 years ago#4
I second Fire Emblem. Awakening was such a good game. Final Fantasy tactics is similar, although a bit complicated at times, and can be quite difficult. It sounds a bit silly, but I guess you could say the Ultimate Team mode on FIFA (well, any sports game really, but I personally like football. Or..."soccer" -_-)
Pokemon too. Plenty of variety, I personally loved the old mechwarriors, and enjoy similar games where you build up a small squad/team. Always build up a bond with them!
(GT: II Lazer II) - (PSN: ME GOOSTA) - (Steam ID: lilylazer666)
(3DS FC: 4339-3035-7150)

User Info: Magnemight

Magnemight
3 years ago#5
Out of the consoles you own, the Wii is the only one to have a Fire Emblem game: Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. It came out in 2007, so you should be able to find it cheap.
Magikoopa Security Force: Defend against the Shy Guys!
Download the demo (offsite): http://www.mfgg.net/index.php?act=resdb&param=02&c=2&id=29243

User Info: kukukupo

kukukupo
3 years ago#6
Try any of the Disgaea games on PS vita.
FC: 1091-8353-7458

User Info: Requiem

Requiem
3 years ago#7
Fire Emblem is pretty brutal, though.
Copyright free literature available at http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page... otherwise known as Tex-Mex
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Yet another "Recommend a game" topics

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived