This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bought the Hitman collection. Very disappointed.

#11StormKMDPosted 9/14/2013 10:01:57 PM
Try Blood Money. Absolution is my favorite so far, but I really liked Blood Money.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#12wdfosterPosted 9/14/2013 10:03:37 PM
Hitman 2 was awesome back in the day. The hitman games gave you so much freedom. Its just kind of weird that they took that away somewhat in Absolution.
---
Steam ID - Martmartigan
#13StormKMDPosted 9/14/2013 10:06:07 PM
wdfoster posted...
Hitman 2 was awesome back in the day. The hitman games gave you so much freedom. Its just kind of weird that they took that away somewhat in Absolution.

That's the only thing I don't like about Absolution. It's not as free, open-worldish as the old ones. It's much more linear and cramped.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#14wdfosterPosted 9/14/2013 10:09:27 PM
Additionally, Hitman Contracts has an awesome biker bar scene which introduced me to an awesome band which, to this day is my favorite band to listen to.
---
Steam ID - Martmartigan
#15R i c kPosted 9/14/2013 10:24:13 PM(edited)
AzurexNightmare posted...
Holy CRAP
THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
Absolution is bad ass.
Okay, the collection was worth it. But 1 and 2 can go to hell.

Lol? Kids these days. Yeah, Hitman: Codename 47 not only didn't age well but it was a pretty unpolished buggy game for it's day, I'll give you that. However, 2 was great while Contracts and Blood Money are the series' glory. Since you dismissed the real Hitman games and thought Absolution was good, though, then I guess you just didn't want to play a Hitman game. Why play something interesting when you can play something generic?

Anyway, for posterity, BM has the best story and Contracts, IMO, has the best missions. 2 is great, overall, but isn't quite as polished as Contracts or BM. CN47 should only be played if you really love 2, Contracts and BM to the point where you simply *must* play the origin game and you feel you can forgive the bugs and lack of consistent gameplay mechanics.

ForeverZero2 posted...
in hitman 2 aiming was just plain bad it has nothing to do with how old it is, even something as simple as shooting the enemy in the head while hes standing still is really awkward and hard to make sure it happens

That's a non-issue since you shouldn't be shooting anyone, not even the targets =) In Hitman 2 the only shots that need be fired are one into a computer monitor and one into a pane of glass. (PS, that's not counting the last level. The Hitman series has a tradition of having a bloodbath for the final mission. Contracts is the only game where you can complete the final mission 100% stealthily.)

---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#16wdfosterPosted 9/14/2013 10:36:55 PM
I loved arming myself to the teeth in those games and just going through the levels like Arnold went through that police station in Terminator.

The games were equally fun stealthy or loud. Another thing i dislike about Absolution is the 'points' system. Its basically telling me how IT wants me to play the game. Its just wrong. The guys at IO failed the hitman series with that game IMO. It looks FANTATIC, but its just wrong on other stuff that made the series what it was. Hopefully they listen to the critics and release an awesome one next.
---
Steam ID - Martmartigan
#17CourtofOwlsPosted 9/14/2013 10:38:24 PM
i read the first post and thought "go play absolution,it's the worst of them so you'll probably like it" and there it is
absolution is the hitman game for non-hitman fans
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#18AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:40:12 PM
R i c k posted...
Holy CRAP
THAT'S WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT.
Absolution is bad ass.
Okay, the collection was worth it. But 1 and 2 can go to hell.

Lol? Kids these days. Yeah, Hitman: Codename 47 not only didn't age well but it was a pretty unpolished buggy game for it's day, I'll give you that. However, 2 was great while Contracts and Blood Money are the series' glory. Since you dismissed the real Hitman games and thought Absolution was good, though, then I guess you just didn't want to play a Hitman game. Why play something interesting when you can play something generic?

Anyway, for posterity, BM has the best story and Contracts, IMO, has the best missions. 2 is great, overall, but isn't quite as polished as Contracts or BM. CN47 should only be played if you really love 2, Contracts and BM to the point where you simply *must* play the origin game and you feel you can forgive the bugs and lack of consistent gameplay mechanics.

ForeverZero2 posted...
in hitman 2 aiming was just plain bad it has nothing to do with how old it is, even something as simple as shooting the enemy in the head while hes standing still is really awkward and hard to make sure it happens

That's a non-issue since you shouldn't be shooting anyone, not even the targets =) In Hitman 2 the only shots that need be fired are one into a computer monitor and one into a pane of glass. (PS, that's not counting the last level. The Hitman series has a tradition of having a bloodbath for the final mission. Contracts is the only game where you can complete the final mission 100% stealthily.)

Stopped reading after first sentence. People with your attitude - I just won't read their posts. ;]
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#19R i c kPosted 9/14/2013 10:44:47 PM(edited)
wdfoster posted...
I loved arming myself to the teeth in those games and just going through the levels like Arnold went through that police station in Terminator.

We call that "Plan B" for when the proverbial **** hits the fan =P

Stopped reading after first sentence. People with your attitude - I just won't read their posts. ;]

That's fine. The rest of the post wasn't for you. It was for the drive-by readers in case they wanted a real opinion on the series.

---
i5-2500k@4.5Ghz, XFX Radeon HD 6870, ASUS P8Z68-V/Gen3, 2x8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600, Crucial M4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB HDD, XFX Pro650W Core, Corsair 650D
#20AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 10:46:58 PM
CourtofOwls posted...
i read the first post and thought "go play absolution,it's the worst of them so you'll probably like it" and there it is
absolution is the hitman game for non-hitman fans

Meh. I mean if you feel that way, I can understand. There are a lot of games that I played as classics on older systems that people only play now because they are more casualized and popular.

I can tell, despite me not liking hitman 2, that it felt more "to the core" than absolution.

But I'm just a new PC gamer looking to have a good time with $9. :] And i'm having a lot of fun with absolution. So if people want to call me a kid for that, that's fine with me.

I've been gaming for a long time. Maybe if I had played the hitman games before, I would have felt the same way as you. Either way, I'm having fun, I don't care.
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode