This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Random topic.. anyone else sick of this stereotype?

#1EpicKingdom_Posted 9/15/2013 1:09:04 AM
I have this PC build, I have a steam account, I play games on my free time or build PC's as a hobby.

I.. am a loser.
Why?
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.
#2Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 9/15/2013 1:09:48 AM
Because I have you tagged as "hates indies"
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#3DelRowePosted 9/15/2013 1:11:34 AM
Doesn't that apply to all gamers? Really though, I think that stereotype is slowly dying out. Gaming is becoming a more mainstream hobby. Yea I know a lot of people hate that word, but it's the truth.
---
You are not in control.
#4TimePharaohPosted 9/15/2013 1:27:38 AM
You're mistaken. You're a loser, and you happen to do those things.

Hope that cleared that up.
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#5Darkcloud20Posted 9/15/2013 1:29:20 AM
TimePharaoh posted...
You're mistaken. You're a loser, and you happen to do those things.

Hope that cleared that up.

---
What can change the nature of a man?
#6SamAndersPosted 9/15/2013 1:33:11 AM
DelRowe posted...
Doesn't that apply to all gamers? Really though, I think that stereotype is slowly dying out. Gaming is becoming a more mainstream hobby. Yea I know a lot of people hate that word, but it's the truth.

I like how League of Legends is now mainstream yet people still think MMOs like WoW are just for neckbeards (super weird because most MMOs are casual as s***)
#7SlaynPosted 9/15/2013 1:55:36 AM
SamAnders posted...
DelRowe posted...

I like how League of Legends is now mainstream yet people still think MMOs like WoW are just for neckbeards (super weird because most MMOs are casual as s***)

Having played both, I have to say the crowd for LoL is much younger, so it's more of a "kids" game ( in the 14-20 range ) and WoW is more of the dedicated nerdy older gamer.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#8EpicKingdom_(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:29:54 AM
DelRowe posted...

I suppose. I don't think it will ever die out despite how mainstream it gets, there are just so many scenarios that will keep it alive. I'm not going to list any examples why because I don't want to make others feel how they try to make me feel. If you enjoy it, good for you. Just be responsible when you need to be. (School or work etc).
---
i5-3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC Edition | 16GB of RAM | XFX PRO650w CE | 600GB WD | Fractal Design Define R4 case | 1080p.