This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the most important thing for you graphically?

#11King_Gheedorah(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:14:07 AM
Well my point was not that it was good. It was that that kind of FPS is still playable. And it is.
#12MuhammadJAPosted 9/15/2013 4:20:30 AM
Other - Full Screen.
---
Welcome to GameFAQs, home of the Drama Queens.
Where you can get modded for stating your opinion.
#13SuperemppuPosted 9/15/2013 4:34:01 AM
Luckily I don't have to really choose. =D

Although I care little for a lot of AA, a simple FXAA or 2x MSAA does the trick for me just fine on 1080P screen, can't really see the difference in the pic but the FPS loss is definitely there so I roll with low AA, even on older games that I run with several hundred FPS. No AA at all does look quite bad though. I practically never have vsync on either.
---
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.
#14codyorrPosted 9/15/2013 5:15:58 AM
I just want every setting maxed out.
#15_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/15/2013 5:38:19 AM
A low framerate is the only thing that can make a game truly unplayable for me. The rest, I can deal with.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#16NingishzidaPosted 9/15/2013 6:32:09 AM(edited)
King_Gheedorah posted...
Well my point was not that it was good. It was that that kind of FPS is still playable. And it is.

Only cuz overtime peasant taste has devolved and they have low expectations

console gamers weren't always peasants, amazing but true. Neo Geo and TG-16 were master race 60fps or bust (critically and publicly panned for slowdown or low fps).

the likes of GoldenEye and Perfect Dark ruined console gaming with extremely low and inconsistent framerates (7-18fps) along with 120p-like fidelity made them pale in comparison to what the PC offered.

They also disgusted me to no end cuz that's when consoles obnoxiously embraced the fps genre (which they're crap at) and the low, filthy peasantry caste solidified, bringing an incurably bad taste and low expectations of fidelity, framerate and eventually the genre as a whole.

this also adversely affected gaming as a whole, even master race gaming which can now only be xperienced with hardcore overhaul mods in SP (e.g, OGSE for STALKER)

so yeah, consoles suck ass hard these days, and so does gaming

good thing i get such a massive kick out of mocking the degeneracy or else i'd quit gaming fully, actually its almost criminal how much i get off on looking down my nose at contemporary herd animal rabble (._.)
#17PraetorXynPosted 9/15/2013 6:25:57 AM
The whole point of PC gaming is that you don't have to choose among those.

Also, you should always turn Vsync off in the game settings, and use Adaptive Vsync in your video card settings. This prevents you from getting massive frame drops if you get a drop, because VSync forces a multiple of 30 FPS, so if you drop a few frames you'll drop to 30.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#18SuperemppuPosted 9/15/2013 7:15:39 AM
I'm pretty worried about my enjoyment of GTA V on the ps3 now that I'm used to playing games on my PC @ 1080P on a 120hz screen... =/ How badly will the subHD resolution bother me and does the game have similarly bad FPS as the GTA IV. Also I used to be quite good with dual analog aiming, but few years of PC gaming dulled my skills to the level that I didn't want to play Uncharted3 even though I liked it otherwise.
---
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.