This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good fighting systems...name them.

• Topic Archived
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good fighting systems...name them.

User Info: jelly2008

jelly2008
3 years ago#1
Arkham City's multi-directional fight system was pretty cool. It made the fights seem more realistic. The gadgets weren't THAT seamless to use, in my opinion. But I gotta admit Rocksteady did the combat part generally well. Wonder if Arkham Origins brings something new to the mix. Something...varied i mean, considering it's a prequel.

Sleeping Dogs and the older DMCs had pretty intense combat systems too. Any other examples?
Intel C2D E7500 | Intel DG41RQ | CM GX550W Bronze | ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU | 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM | Seagate 320GB HDD | Hitachi 250GB HDD | Win Vista SP2

User Info: steveboblarry

steveboblarry
3 years ago#2
god hand
Drake the type of dude to call the cops because a girl stole his virginity.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 years ago#3
Ninja Gaiden and Bayonetta

/topic
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own

User Info: blade6321

blade6321
3 years ago#4
Well Dynasty Warriors is always fun

>_>

<_<
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 years ago#5
The gadgets weren't THAT seamless to use, in my opinion

they were very easy to implement in fights... just required a double tap of corresponding shortcut.

it's a nightmare on controller however, since the shortcuts are implemented pretty badly not to mention the complete lack of camera control since you're too busy throwing strikes.
PC hardware doesn't need to match console hardware in price when PC gamers save literal thousands from the software they buy. http://www.steamgamesales.com/

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#6
brazilian jiu jitsu, muay thai
^ this

jelly2008
3 years ago#7
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks had a pretty decent fighting system too. Was almost overpowered.
Intel C2D E7500 | Intel DG41RQ | CM GX550W Bronze | ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU | 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM | Seagate 320GB HDD | Hitachi 250GB HDD | Win Vista SP2

jelly2008
3 years ago#8
AsucaHayashi posted...
The gadgets weren't THAT seamless to use, in my opinion

they were very easy to implement in fights... just required a double tap of corresponding shortcut.

it's a nightmare on controller however, since the shortcuts are implemented pretty badly not to mention the complete lack of camera control since you're too busy throwing strikes.

This. Even on PC I rarely use any gadgets in a fight other than the Batclaw and the Freeze Grenades. I mostly stick with the physical fighting and takedown moves. Less risk of being hit while going for a flawless string.

User Info: Jprime666

Jprime666
3 years ago#9
Sleeping Dogs
Bayonetta
Devil May Cry 1,3,4,DmC
Ninja Gaiden series
How many emotions is people?

User Info: Ningishzida

Ningishzida
3 years ago#10
Demon/Dark Souls
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good fighting systems...name them.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived