This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good fighting systems...name them.

#21jelly2008(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 2:02:50 AM
DV8ingSources posted...
jelly2008 posted...
Wonder if Arkham Origins brings something new to the mix. Something...varied i mean, considering it's a prequel.

They added a new remote line launcher akin to the just cause 2 grappling hook. You can tie enemies to each other and other objects. Not sure if thats going to be enough to make things feel fresh but who knows what other surprises they have in store.

Hmmm. That doesn't sound very exciting. But still, who knows. So, will Arkham Origins have a full living breathing Gotham City replete with pedestrians and vehicles? Or is it more sparsely populated like Arkham City or Deus Ex Human Revolution?
---
Intel C2D E7500 | Intel DG41RQ | CM GX550W Bronze | ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU | 4GB Transcend DDR2-800 RAM | Seagate 320GB HDD | Hitachi 250GB HDD | Win Vista SP2
#22SienrurouniPosted 9/16/2013 3:41:42 AM
I love all the other combat systems listed but I've never really liked the Arkham combat system. It always felt kinda silly and way too simple and easy. Even Captain America's and Sleeping Dog's mild variations were better as they both added a little bit more complexity and it felt that it had a bit more impact.

Yes, it takes a good deal of skill to get a perfect string, but that never really seemed fun to me. Not like effectively using moves in any of the other games listed (such as DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Monster Hunter, and Bayonetta.) I've just never really gotten the love it gets.
---
"You may not believe this, but I was once a remarkable man,"
-Denny Crane
#23bigjig777Posted 9/16/2013 3:59:32 AM
Souls games
---
Be water, my friend
#24sonicteam2k1Posted 9/16/2013 4:02:07 AM
bigjig777 posted...
Souls games

lmao
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#25ZeraphLordSPosted 9/16/2013 4:04:41 AM
Sienrurouni posted...
I love all the other combat systems listed but I've never really liked the Arkham combat system. It always felt kinda silly and way too simple and easy. Even Captain America's and Sleeping Dog's mild variations were better as they both added a little bit more complexity and it felt that it had a bit more impact.

Yes, it takes a good deal of skill to get a perfect string, but that never really seemed fun to me. Not like effectively using moves in any of the other games listed (such as DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Monster Hunter, and Bayonetta.) I've just never really gotten the love it gets.

I never understood that either. Asscreed, Batman and Dogs all bored me silly. The thing I liked the least was how the enemies attacked as a hivemind-swarm, where enemies wait for others to take their turn, and always leave enough room to counter everything (the windows were huge too).

Also a big fan of DMC3/4 and DkS. Haven't tried MH yet, but I wasn't really a fan of Ninja Gaiden (only played the most recent one I think). Maybe you get used to it, but it felt a bit messy.
---
The best course of action is to just get the information you need, then get out while you're still alive. - destroy everything on GameFAQs
#26DarkshowersPosted 9/16/2013 6:41:24 AM
Beat Em Ups

Double Dragon - Arcade Version
GoldenAxe
River City Ransom
#27ImMrMojoRisinPosted 9/16/2013 7:01:49 AM
Kickbeat for the PS3/Vita. One Finger Death Punch for the 360 and in two days for the PC.

Both games involve pressing the right button at the right time to defeat enemies coming from different directions, but that simple mechanic is used to great effect in Kickbeat as a rhythm game and OFDP as an awesome kung fu movie omage.
#28ValkeeriePosted 9/16/2013 7:07:24 AM
Saturn and Dreamcast are some of the best fighting systems.
---
If there was no entry in the Past of whatever I will become,
Then I travelled to the Future the moment that I was gone!
#29Ch3wyPosted 9/16/2013 7:09:02 AM
I thought Bayonetta was great but I swear that game gave me tendinitis somehow.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#30ImMrMojoRisinPosted 9/16/2013 7:24:16 AM
Krav Maga is a pretty kick ass fighting system. Don't mess with Israel.