This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I play Morrowind?

#41SinfullyvannilaPosted 9/16/2013 6:37:50 AM
Play it and focus on Destruction to minimize the eccentricities of the combat.
---
Also, Chess is a game of skill much like all gameplay only video games. So it is pretty mindless if you think about it.-mtjormitch
#42MarceloSampaioPosted 9/16/2013 6:45:27 AM(edited)
Shub posted...
MarceloSampaio posted...
Creation engine IS Gamebryo. If you run a quick grep for the string “gamebryo” in Skyrim's executable file, you'll get 11 results. We can even see the version of Gamebryo that is attributed in the executable file.

The thing is: Beth made MANY tweaks and changes on the engine, and decided to name it differently, but Creation is, in its core, Gamebryo.

Reusing old code that works in something new doesn't mean it's the same engine... or are you saying Half-Life 2 runs on the same engine as Quake 1?

Its not just the code, the limitations and characteristics of both are the same. Most of the same bugs are there, and behave the same way since Morrowind. Using the Creation kit reveals too many things from Gamebryo, btw.

Then again, if you wanna treat them as different engines, do go ahead, man. Makes no difference to me. Based on your logic, Morrowind and Oblivion use different engines then. I mean, they use different versions of the "same" engine, right?!?

---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!