This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

League of Legends is evidence that

#51jake-sfPosted 9/15/2013 11:53:46 AM
JonWood007 posted...

Really, I don't get the appeal. As you can tell, this game gets really rage inducing for me, and not because of the game play itself, but because of the angry mob that is its player base, and the fact that its policies seem to revolve around them.

I remember my friend wanting to get with a group-clan-whatever. Their moto was something like "if you're having fun, you're doing it wrong".

What a mentality!
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/SFJake250?feature=watch
http://sfjake.zxq.net/
#52shoecutterPosted 9/15/2013 11:53:47 AM
FlySkyHigh777 posted...
I feed on the tears of rage that gamefaqs is putting out right now. I don't even care who wins, the entire debaucle will have been totally worth it just to watch this hilarity occur.

Dude I'm so with you. This stuff is golden, I have entertainment before LoL World Finals starts.
#53shoecutterPosted 9/15/2013 11:56:07 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Because it's a highly competitive game. This should not be hard to grasp. At all.

And not everyone who wants to play the game is highly competitive. I notice it's highly competitive, and it's a major reason I don't like it. It's impossible to enjoy if you just feel like screwing around. Heaven forbid if you dare ruin the juvenile neckbeard's day by not playing up to their standards because you're new and don't know what you're doing. Heaven forbid if you have to leave a game due to other, more important obligations and don't prioritize a trivial game above them.

It's impossible to enjoy this game if you play in a laid back fashion. If you actually want to learn the game on your own. To me, the game feels like a cage. Once it starts, you're in for the duration...oh, you wanna play that way? Don't play that way, go here, do this, do that, if you don't,. you're a noob. Even if you do those things and still don't perform up to pat, you're still a noob. How can anyone enjoy this game? looking at the chat, it doesn't sound like even the people who do play regularly aren't enjoying it because they're too busy screaming and crying about how everyone sucks but them. And then they just pee on the parade of everyone else. And then the game enforced draconian rules about leaving because it's the only way to pacify the angry mob. How dare you try to play this game however you want. How dare you have to leave. You're ruining my game experience. Waah! (yeah, I had to throw that in there because i seriously can see some people who play this game on the brink of tears because my newbie level of skills absolutely ruins their game experience).

Really, I don't get the appeal. As you can tell, this game gets really rage inducing for me, and not because of the game play itself, but because of the angry mob that is its player base, and the fact that its policies seem to revolve around them.

First off, in normals you can be just as casual as you want, and you can leave if you HAVE to, and if you don't do it all the time. If you don't have the skin to ignore flamers well that's you. There also isn't any "policies" or certain way to play. There's playing bad and playing good.
#54FlySkyHigh777Posted 9/15/2013 11:56:48 AM
shoecutter posted...
FlySkyHigh777 posted...
I feed on the tears of rage that gamefaqs is putting out right now. I don't even care who wins, the entire debaucle will have been totally worth it just to watch this hilarity occur.

Dude I'm so with you. This stuff is golden, I have entertainment before LoL World Finals starts.

Amen brother. It's like a goddmann marathon of hilarity. I'm just bouncing around the gamefaqs boards and reading all the hate threads and laughing so hard I'm practically crying. It's awesome.

And still a better love story than twilight.
#55B01tPosted 9/15/2013 12:02:06 PM
FlySkyHigh777 posted...
shoecutter posted...
FlySkyHigh777 posted...

Amen brother. It's like a goddmann marathon of hilarity. I'm just bouncing around the gamefaqs boards and reading all the hate threads and laughing so hard I'm practically crying. It's awesome.

*golf clap*
Well played.
And yeah, i'm doing the same thing XD.
Though, i'd recommend you read SBAllen's writeup on the whole affair, it seems to be getting misrepresented occaisonally. Basically, he doesn't mind that an external group has rallied. He's just dissappointed that it's only occurred at such a level for ONE character.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/67218404
---
Why is it that Reality constantly ignores my imagination? It can't possibly like itself the way it is....
#56FlySkyHigh777Posted 9/15/2013 12:25:57 PM
B01t posted...
FlySkyHigh777 posted...
shoecutter posted...
FlySkyHigh777 posted...

*golf clap*
Well played.
And yeah, i'm doing the same thing XD.
Though, i'd recommend you read SBAllen's writeup on the whole affair, it seems to be getting misrepresented occaisonally. Basically, he doesn't mind that an external group has rallied. He's just dissappointed that it's only occurred at such a level for ONE character.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/8-gamefaqs-contests/67218404

I can definitely understand where the man is coming from. My whole thing is that this is a "popularity vote", and clearly draven is just plain more popular. League has more players who are dedicated than the hangers-on to memories of solid snake and samus aran, so he's winning. David Hayter tweeted about it in order to garner votes for draven, and draven is still landsliding into a victory.
#57gameghy555(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:13:17 PM
Garhinder posted...
OdiousThirteen posted...
Garhinder posted...
It's sad seeing a league of legends character in a poll against the likes of Snake and Samus. I mean, really? And he's actually winning.

L-Block won a few years ago. People just vote for the most ridiculous thing there is.

That being said, LoL is amazing.

Dude, L-Block is a relic of gaming. Respect.

This. Tetris is an iconic game and influences so many puzzle games. Is this a serious comment?

FRo3tBLo0d posted...
gameghy555 posted...
League of Legends is evidence that people will believe games are good if the fan-base is large ("massive") enough and the game is cheap/free.

When are simple people like yourself going to realize that people have different taste in everything. Just because you don't enjoy a game, doesn't make it bad.

It is a bad game. People have different tastes hence enjoying series like Twilight. I respect that, but it's still bad.
---
PSN: MoHSalim http://www.youtube.com/m0hsalim
CE's view on Equal Rights: "When white people win. - LamarMiyazaki
#58DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 1:18:01 PM
Whats up with the Justin Bieber hate.

When he was youtube popular he had talent, but now that he is worldwide popular he sucks???
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#59mrmonstrPosted 9/15/2013 1:21:35 PM
LoL's a good game.
It is popular and makes mega money, that's why people make games.
Any reason that it could be bad isn't true, since Riot have obviously not needed to do it.
#60FrizzurdPosted 9/15/2013 1:47:40 PM
He always sucked DerPancake, that type of music sucks and American Idol styled shows suck!

Sonic the Hedgehog , Final Fantasy and Metal Gear suck. ****king thing sucks, we'll do it live!