This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

League of Legends is evidence that

#61Yargitsu99zPosted 9/15/2013 1:09:38 PM
Solid Snake losing to Draven in GF character poll and beating SC2 4 to 1; God Made League of Legends specifically to troll ME!

and Starcraft 2 as an esport is LITERALLY 200 times harder than League. and Snake is possibly the best character EVER WRITTEN, much less just in video games.

Draven isn't even in a story-based game!

this is God teaching me a lesson for criticizing popular things too harshly.

It's actually so bad on twitch that the LoL Dreamhack stream is breaking twitch on all streams...

Sorry, we were unable to connect to chat. Reconnecting in 0 seconds.

Welcome to the chat room!

Just to be completely clear; StarCraft is literally and objectively 200 times harder than League of Legends because you control 200 units, with abilities and such, as well, rather than 1; and don't give me that "it's team based tho herp derp" cuz there IS such a thing as 4v4, 3v3, and 2v2 Starcraft and max teams in LoL is 5 so whatever.
---
[Expletive deleted at request of Gamefaqs]
www.twitch.tv/shalashaska824
#62runromPosted 9/15/2013 1:12:23 PM
I am glad Draven is winning- it puts console fanboys in their place.
---
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
#63UkichiTachibanaPosted 9/15/2013 1:13:00 PM
it was pretty fun when it first started, also it's a relatively new game type and LoL took advantage of that.
#64JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 1:15:18 PM
MisterTangerine posted...
JonWood007 posted...

It's impossible to enjoy this game if you play in a laid back fashion.

Really, I don't get the appeal

It appeals to players who don't want to play in a laid back fashion. If you're into casual drop-in drop-out games, you have the other 99% of video games at your disposal.

There's a middle ground between casual faire like Angry Birds, Cut the Rope and Farmville and games/player bases that expect everyone who plays to spend every spare second of their free time studying strategies (and who wants to play only a single game or two to the exclusion of everything else, certainly not me). I did enjoy League of Legends for a few weeks or so playing with a handful of friends against bots and trying out various heroes, but I wouldn't/won't interact with the community at large more than was strictly necessary.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#65DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 1:18:00 PM
Frizzurd posted...
He always sucked DerPancake, that type of music sucks and American Idol styled shows suck!

Sonic the Hedgehog , Final Fantasy and Metal Gear suck. ****king thing sucks, we'll do it live!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csymVmm1xTw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4

He never has sucked, he has talent, but you know jealous people. Just look at the difference.

First video when he wasn't popular.

Second video, when he is worldwide popular, the reason for the huge hate maybe its because he turned into a little *****.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#66SlaynPosted 9/15/2013 1:35:46 PM
You guys seem really bitter. I mean I don't like Call of Duty, Halo, or World of Warcraft, but I don't go around crying about how popular they are and how bad I think the games are. Really, this board gets kind of pathetic sometimes.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#67AlitheiaaPosted 9/15/2013 5:56:20 PM
Ironically, a lot of the people hating on League are more toxic than most of the people I run into in the game.

At least the grammar of the haters here is better...
---
ASUS Sabertooth 990FX | AMD FX-8150 | Radeon HD 7870 | 8GB RAM | ASUS Xonar DG Audio |
700W OCZ ModXstream-Pro
#68blade6321Posted 9/15/2013 10:43:57 PM
mrmonstr posted...
LoL's a good game.
It is popular and makes mega money, that's why people make games.
Any reason that it could be bad isn't true, since Riot have obviously not needed to do it.

Popular therefore good? What? And no, that's not the reason everyone makes games. It's the reason Riot makes games, but not the reason everyone makes them (thank god).

Lol at all the people saying 'but Muh opinions'.

Whilst there're plenty of people who are just ****s and hating on a single game for irrational reason, that doesn't mean anyone who argues a piece of media is of poor quality is a 'hater'.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#69analogmanPosted 9/16/2013 1:17:14 AM
JonWood007 posted...

Lol. I love nearly all good games. This game is popular yet bad (maybe even mediocre).

I have to agree with this. Horrible game, I don't see why people like it at all. And not just the community either, but the whole structure. What kind of game starts *****ing at you for going afk for 5 minutes to help your mom with groceries or for having to leave for legitimate reasons? I don't like the feeling fo being chained to my computer for as long as 45 minutes because if I don't the game will punish me if I actually have something better to do.

This is moronic. I can't believe there's actually people with such mindset. It's a competitive game and yet you wonder why people got so pissed off when you afk for 5 minutes? And people claim that the community sucks. I for one never had a problem with the community besides communication problem ( yeah well the players that come from non-English country ). But yeah I have problems with those LEAVERs and AFKers. If you can't be committed then it's not the game for you.
---
check my quote :DD
#70KamenRiderBladePosted 9/16/2013 1:50:15 AM
JonWood007 posted...
Because it's a highly competitive game. This should not be hard to grasp. At all.

And not everyone who wants to play the game is highly competitive. I notice it's highly competitive, and it's a major reason I don't like it. It's impossible to enjoy if you just feel like screwing around. Heaven forbid if you dare ruin the juvenile neckbeard's day by not playing up to their standards because you're new and don't know what you're doing. Heaven forbid if you have to leave a game due to other, more important obligations and don't prioritize a trivial game above them.

It's impossible to enjoy this game if you play in a laid back fashion. If you actually want to learn the game on your own. To me, the game feels like a cage. Once it starts, you're in for the duration...oh, you wanna play that way? Don't play that way, go here, do this, do that, if you don't,. you're a noob. Even if you do those things and still don't perform up to pat, you're still a noob. How can anyone enjoy this game? looking at the chat, it doesn't sound like even the people who do play regularly aren't enjoying it because they're too busy screaming and crying about how everyone sucks but them. And then they just pee on the parade of everyone else. And then the game enforced draconian rules about leaving because it's the only way to pacify the angry mob. How dare you try to play this game however you want. How dare you have to leave. You're ruining my game experience. Waah! (yeah, I had to throw that in there because i seriously can see some people who play this game on the brink of tears because my newbie level of skills absolutely ruins their game experience).

Really, I don't get the appeal. As you can tell, this game gets really rage inducing for me, and not because of the game play itself, but because of the angry mob that is its player base, and the fact that its policies seem to revolve around them.

If you feel like screwing around, then make a custom game and screw around there or go play with bots.

People who play those random matches, whether it be ranked or normal, are expecting decent competition and for the opponent to try. It doesn't matter if you're good or bad, at least you try your best, even if you made bad judgement calls.

Well this is the type of game where winning / losing is dependent on the entire team participating, it requires your undivided attention for the entire period.

If you cannot do that, then tough, the game was designed so that everybody has to participate for a team to succeed, it's incredibly rare for a team to win when they are down a person because they're AFK.

As for those players who call you a noob, they're just douce bags, ignore them.

If people tell you how to play, take it with a grain of salt, you have to practice to get better.

You will not most likely suck for quite a while until you get the rythm of the game.

This is not the type of game where you can rambo your way to victory.

It requires teamwork at all times.

People who waste their time complaining in chat, are not focusing on combat and trying to win, they are just wasting their energy, their time, and not contributing, just ignore them.

Riot didn't want a game full of leavers, so they punish those who leave, it makes sense.

They want people to try their best at all times, no matter how good / bad their circumstance may be.

When you're in a group playing a game, it's quite rude to others that you AFK when they are trying to be serious, unless you know everybody in the team and announce that it's an emergency, you really should be trying to do the best for your team. It's simple courtesy.

The policies revolve around getting people to behave
---
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'