This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

#1juzziexPosted 9/15/2013 7:23:34 AM
Gone are the days when shooters like Doom and RPGs like Gothic series were pc exclusives. Nowadays PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft and nothing else.

Character Battle IX has woke me up to this realization when all the good characters in gaming that made it deep into the tournament were console/handheld exclusive characters whereas all the PC fanboys voted for bland League of Legends characters and basically no real PC gaming Icons.

Some console gamers spend way too much time playing CoD but at least they acknowledge who a real gaming Icon or well developed character is and vote for people like Link or Solid Snake instead of people like Draven or the CoD main characters.
#2darktemplar20Posted 9/15/2013 7:25:55 AM
That's funny. I was just going to say when a LoL character looks to be taking first place in the tournament battle. So about now, I'd say.
---
http://steamcard.com/do/original/darktemplar20.png
#3blade6321Posted 9/15/2013 7:28:06 AM
When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

PC gamers aren't real gamers?

gamers aren't real gamers?

Do you not realize the paradoxical and fallacious nature of your topic title?

Unless, of course, 'real' gamers are those who worship daily old games, despite not enjoying them or ever playing them. Or, perhaps, one is only a real gamer when one goes back and plays the 'classics'- just like one cannot claim they are a 'reader' until they have read a good deal of Shakespeare?

Grow up.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#4NicodimusPosted 9/15/2013 7:30:24 AM
juzziex posted...
PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft and nothing else.

If you say so.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#5juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:31:33 AM
Posts a page full of rage and terrible argument. Says "Grow up" good one.
#6Mangorush-VPosted 9/15/2013 7:33:55 AM
juzziex posted...

That's how the majority of these man childs are, they can't handle criticism or opinions different from their own. They live in a world where they're right and everyone else is wrong no matter if someone lay out the facts to them, it's best not to rattle their cages because how easily offended they get.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#7NotQuiteAFreakPosted 9/15/2013 7:35:56 AM
juzziex posted...
Some console gamers spend way too much time playing CoD but at least they acknowledge who a real gaming Icon or well developed character is and vote for people like Link or Solid Snake instead of people like Draven or the CoD main characters.

lolwut?
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#8juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:36:19 AM
Nicodimus posted...
juzziex posted...
PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft and nothing else.

If you say so.

If you have played a good deal of others games and voted for someone like Commander Shepard. You can still be a PC gamer and be a real gamer. If the only game you have ever played is League of Legends and you vote for someone like Draven. Well you're just a LoL player not a real gamer.

That's the way I see it, you're welcome to view yourselves however you like, just don't expect anyone else to talk about gaming with you. We don't really care what bland hero riot just announced. Show me some more GTA V gameplay.
#9blade6321Posted 9/15/2013 7:36:25 AM
juzziex posted...

posts an OP about how gamers aren't gamers by their own baby definition because muh nostalgia
calls someone elses argument terrible without providing reasoning

you need to grow up
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#10DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/15/2013 7:37:11 AM
juzziex posted...

If that's a page full to you, you seriously need to go back to school.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64