This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

#41JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 10:56:14 AM
blade6321 posted...
When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

PC gamers aren't real gamers?

gamers aren't real gamers?

Do you not realize the paradoxical and fallacious nature of your topic title?

Unless, of course, 'real' gamers are those who worship daily old games, despite not enjoying them or ever playing them. Or, perhaps, one is only a real gamer when one goes back and plays the 'classics'- just like one cannot claim they are a 'reader' until they have read a good deal of Shakespeare?

Grow up.

Reminds me of those people who pretend to be well read and have bookshelves full of classics but have likely never cracked the spine on any of them.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#42juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:19:22 PM
JKatarn posted...
Reminds me of those people who pretend to be well read and have bookshelves full of classics but have likely never cracked the spine on any of them.

Or the people who post their PC specs in their sig. We all know those are the kind of people who are either lying or updated for the first time in 10 years and are proud of themselves and think they are showing off.
#43DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 1:20:59 PM(edited)
Mario, Zelda, etc... are more casual and easier than CoD. According to that logic, people who play Nintendo games are not gamers.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#44juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 1:20:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45Camelotking524Posted 9/15/2013 1:24:44 PM
juzziex posted...
Buburibon posted...
sirtonne posted...
Sure, you can find fanboys for consoles too, but with consoles it seems like the minority and mostly an internet thing, whereas PC gamers never shut up about their insecurity, even in person I've met plenty of these sad elitists.

I've never met either a console-only, or PC-only gamer in real life that I didn't like. Sure, some of them chose to be complete jerks, trolls, rabid fanboys, elitists, etc., online because they could and felt safe doing so behind a computer screen, but in person they were nothing but dolls. I'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the same.

You haven't met many PC gamers then in real life, none of them shower or shave and all of them think they are superior to you even though they are 40 year old virgins (exaggerating but still).

You just enjoy repeating tired old stereotypes don't you?
---
"The War on Christmas starts earlier every year". - Miasthmatic
#46DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/15/2013 1:27:25 PM
juzziex posted...
JKatarn posted...

Or the people who post their PC specs in their sig. We all know those are the kind of people who are either lying or updated for the first time in 10 years and are proud of themselves and think they are showing off.

Or maybe its because we are on a pc board most of the time and when we mention performance, they know what we have. Saves us from adding in our specs to every relevant post. More useful than some random quote or picture most others use.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#47BuburibonPosted 9/15/2013 2:01:51 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
juzziex posted...
JKatarn posted...

Or maybe its because we are on a pc board most of the time and when we mention performance, they know what we have. Saves us from adding in our specs to every relevant post. More useful than some random quote or picture most others use.

Exactly, and it's sad that you have to spell out the obvious.
---
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB | TITAN
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
#48Ha_D00DPosted 9/15/2013 2:10:28 PM
juzziex posted...
JKatarn posted...

If this way even remotely the case, we'd all have quad SLI 780s and i7 4960s in our sigs. This is the PC board. We are PC enthusiasts. Hard to grasp, isn't it?
---
HAF 922// i5 3570k// Hyper 212 Evo// P8Z77-V LK// Sapphire 7970 Dual-X Edition// 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws// SeaSonic 620w// Mushkin 120GB
#49AnatomyHorrorPosted 9/15/2013 2:23:39 PM
juzziex posted...
blade6321 posted...
juzziex posted...
Posts a page full of rage and terrible argument. Says "Grow up" good one.

posts an OP about how gamers aren't gamers by their own baby definition because muh nostalgia
calls someone elses argument terrible without providing reasoning

you need to grow up

Nostalgia? So you are claiming Draven is more well written than Solid Snake, is a more important Icon to gaming than Samus? Right, this is exactly why I have the opinion that I do about PC gamers. Keep being ignorant and illogical, you aren't proving anything other than my point.

I hope you realize there aren't that many LoL players on this board. Also, the reason Draven is going to win, is because of Reddit. Over on Reddit they're rallying for Draven to win. Nothing to do with gfaqs or PC gamers, just a bunch of Reddit users rallying together.
#50JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 2:25:16 PM
juzziex posted...
JKatarn posted...

I assume your cutting barb is referring to me? If I were lying, why would I choose such middle of the road components? Lol, someone has a high opinion of himself.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES