This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

#51JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 2:26:39 PM
juzziex posted...
Buburibon posted...
sirtonne posted...
Sure, you can find fanboys for consoles too, but with consoles it seems like the minority and mostly an internet thing, whereas PC gamers never shut up about their insecurity, even in person I've met plenty of these sad elitists.

I've never met either a console-only, or PC-only gamer in real life that I didn't like. Sure, some of them chose to be complete jerks, trolls, rabid fanboys, elitists, etc., online because they could and felt safe doing so behind a computer screen, but in person they were nothing but dolls. I'm sorry to hear your experience hasn't been the same.

You haven't met many PC gamers then in real life, none of them shower or shave and all of them think they are superior to you even though they are 40 year old virgins (exaggerating but still).

Clearly you're adept at ensuring nobody here will ever take you seriously.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#52LoshadtPosted 9/15/2013 2:51:21 PM
juzziex posted...
Nowadays PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft and nothing else

Maybe if you're a gigantic casual. And a character battle that is so obviously rigged by an outside source with too many people is not indicative of the overall quality of the platform. Though It's pointless to argue with somebody who actually thinks like that because their head is too far up their own ass to see my words anyway.
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#53MarikhenPosted 9/15/2013 3:21:15 PM
somebody336 posted...
"Gamer" is a dumb label :/

Yeah, tell me about it. It sounds like you're accusing people of being homosexual elves. :-(
---
Stop complaining. I could have done this more painfully. - Dryad from Sacred 2.
#54The_Man_On_FirePosted 9/15/2013 3:50:11 PM
anonymous46773 posted...
Literally takes the character battle way too seriously.

use it as a " sign of the times "
#55juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:56:13 PM
Marikhen posted...
somebody336 posted...
"Gamer" is a dumb label :/

Yeah, tell me about it. It sounds like you're accusing people of being homosexual elves. :-(

I doubt any of these LoL players will get that. Don't know why this turned into an insult fest lol. I either hurt peoples E-Pride or they aren't secure enough about their gaming choices. The guys who don't play LoL seem to agree with me even though they are PC gamers.
#56juzziex(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:58:17 PM
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

It's called using data to base an opinion on, instead off just pulling one out of my buttocks.
#57blade6321Posted 9/15/2013 4:46:33 PM
juzziex posted...
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
anonymous46773 posted...

It's called using data to base an opinion on, instead off just pulling one out of my buttocks.

using data=/interpreting data correctly

data=/reliable data

The character battles show us one thing: that people like to vote for Draven.

Das it.
---
Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044407572/
-Crabdom Ambassador.
#58KaushadPosted 9/15/2013 4:58:13 PM
juzziex posted...
PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends, starcraft 2, sins of a solar empire, civilization 5, civilization 4, modded minecraft, indy games, team fortress 2, modded skyrim, modded oblivion, modded fallout NV, modded fallout 3, rome 2 total war, shogun total war, empire total war, command and conquer, katawa shoujo, emulators, surgeon simulator, World of Warcraft and nothing else.

Could add more, fixed it a bit though.
---
I stopped watching comedy on TV when I found the jimquisition and zero punctuation.
#59TheOtherGuyXPosted 9/15/2013 5:05:37 PM
juzziex posted...
Gone are the days when shooters like Doom and RPGs like Gothic series were pc exclusives. Nowadays PC gaming is strictly about playing League of Legends and World of Warcraft and nothing else.

Wait a minute, what now? Is this new user serious or another completely oblivious Gamefaqs consoler who wondered onto the PC board?

As for exclusives or PC-first titles -- I guess even the huge Kickstarter storm blew over the rock you live under without leaving a single drop. Are you really completely ignorant of all the adventure, strategy and RPGs we've been getting and will continue to get? Wow, let's see:

Underrail
Divinity: Original Sin
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Blackguards
Age of Decadence
Dead State
Barkley 2
Might & Magic X Legacy
Project Eternity
Wasteland 2
Legend of Grimrock 2
Age of Wonders 3
Xenonauts
Total Wars
Paradox titles
Eador series
Asylum
Tex Murphy - Project Fedora
Shadowgate
Mage's Initiation
STASIS
Broken Age
Night of the Rabbit
Primordia
---
"The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams."
#60_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/15/2013 5:31:28 PM
All these dumb generalizations on this board.

Yes, there is "The sims" on the PC, and there are equally casual and mainstream games on consoles. But there is also Counter Strike, Star Craft, and a ton of other games that are very much "gamer's games" on both platforms.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H