This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When is it fair to start saying PC gamers aren't real gamers?

#61PraetorXynPosted 9/15/2013 5:36:12 PM
Mangorush-V posted...
sirtonne posted...
I've been gaming on PC and consoles for about 25 years and PC gamers used to be the best community from aroun the 90s to early 2000. But holy **** has that ever changed.

PC gamers are now the most toxic of any gaming community. Everything involves PC fanboyism/console bashing, people flaunt specs and graphics like small wiener compensation instead of just enjoying the games, they get into very spiteful arguments over which companies to love or hate. There's a very cultish ONE OF US mentality in PC gaming now, and you're not supposed to just enjoy games on whatever platforms are out there. Sure, you can find fanboys for consoles too, but with consoles it seems like the minority and mostly an internet thing, whereas PC gamers never shut up about their insecurity, even in person I've met plenty of these sad elitists.

If I had to blame it on something, I'd say it's the combination of severely dumbed down games like MMOs, MOBAs, and FPSs taking over PC gaming and the fact they all revolve around highly competitive online gaming. That combination attracts the most immature and aggressive gamers.

^
Pretty much this.

The ignorance here is astounding.

Firstly, the vast majority of PC gamers own consoles for exclusives.

Secondly, the "one of us" thing is a running joke that I've only ever seen on GameFAQs. It became a thing when console-only gamers tried to compare PC gamers to the Nazis as an insult. So PC gamers laughed it off and ran with it. Anybody who uses the phrase "PC master race" is either a console gamer generalizing all PC gamers as such, or a PC gamer who's joking.

Finally, to cement how idiotic an assumption the "PC Elitist" moniker is, take a visit to the Xbox One board and watch all the elitism going on there from both sides of the aisle.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#62claytonbuckleyPosted 9/15/2013 5:49:34 PM
TC you are reading way too much into this silly character battle. If you even slightly glanced at any of the topics about it you'd know people aren't really voting on favourite characters. There was a thing started on reddit to get Craven to win because it would be funny or whatever. Similar thing happened when L-Block won.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#63auginistePosted 9/15/2013 6:03:16 PM
lol. i use my pc more than my ps3 for a lot reasons other than gaming, and i do say i have never heard of draven, or any other league of legends characters.

so, i find this very insulting. generalizing just isn't good, ever. i don't make any claims that i am a hardcore gamer, i'm an enthusiast.. heh, for all we know, your definition of a real gamer is, crap, screw this.
---
alien-baiting. ~ catch and release.
http://backloggery.com/auginiste
#64Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 9/15/2013 6:23:29 PM(edited)
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.

Why am I the first to point this out, 63 messages in.

Edit: My bad, theotherguy did as well, Still, 59 posts in? Really?
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#65JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 8:50:53 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
Mangorush-V posted...
sirtonne posted...
I've been gaming on PC and consoles for about 25 years and PC gamers used to be the best community from aroun the 90s to early 2000. But holy **** has that ever changed.

PC gamers are now the most toxic of any gaming community. Everything involves PC fanboyism/console bashing, people flaunt specs and graphics like small wiener compensation instead of just enjoying the games, they get into very spiteful arguments over which companies to love or hate. There's a very cultish ONE OF US mentality in PC gaming now, and you're not supposed to just enjoy games on whatever platforms are out there. Sure, you can find fanboys for consoles too, but with consoles it seems like the minority and mostly an internet thing, whereas PC gamers never shut up about their insecurity, even in person I've met plenty of these sad elitists.

If I had to blame it on something, I'd say it's the combination of severely dumbed down games like MMOs, MOBAs, and FPSs taking over PC gaming and the fact they all revolve around highly competitive online gaming. That combination attracts the most immature and aggressive gamers.

^
Pretty much this.

The ignorance here is astounding.

Firstly, the vast majority of PC gamers own consoles for exclusives.

Secondly, the "one of us" thing is a running joke that I've only ever seen on GameFAQs. It became a thing when console-only gamers tried to compare PC gamers to the Nazis as an insult. So PC gamers laughed it off and ran with it. Anybody who uses the phrase "PC master race" is either a console gamer generalizing all PC gamers as such, or a PC gamer who's joking.

Finally, to cement how idiotic an assumption the "PC Elitist" moniker is, take a visit to the Xbox One board and watch all the elitism going on there from both sides of the aisle.

Also, judging PC, console, or gamers in general based on a vocal minority in these forums is foolish.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#66analogmanPosted 9/15/2013 8:57:36 PM
butthurt from draven winning is strong in this one.
---
check my quote :DD