This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Penumbra Collection.

#1TheGodDestroyerPosted 9/15/2013 11:08:59 AM
Since the boards for Penumbra are pretty much dead, I figured this would be a better place to ask.

I'm greatly considering picking this series up in the future. I've saw that Steam only has Overture, so I think I would have to pick up the physical copy of the Collection, or from GOG.com (physical may be better due to the internet cap I have to deal with, but either is fine besides that). From what I've heard about Steam not having Black Plague nor Requiem, it's due to something you'll have to agree with during installation to play (the ToS?) that doesn't work anymore due to the servers that process that information being taken down a while ago. If I'm completely wrong, feel free to point that out.

But if that is the case, will I still be unable to play Black Plague and Requiem if I were to get the Collection from other sources? Or will I be good to go?
#2Aoi_OkamiPosted 9/15/2013 12:24:25 PM
Steam has all 3 of them, I have them on there. and i definitely recommend them
#3DiviDudePosted 9/15/2013 12:33:28 PM
Aoi_Okami posted...

They're only selling Overture at this point in time for whatever reason. If you bought them previously, it's still on your Steam account and you still have access to it and everything.
#4DiviDudePosted 9/15/2013 12:35:57 PM
TheGodDestroyer posted...
But if that is the case, will I still be unable to play Black Plague and Requiem if I were to get the Collection from other sources? Or will I be good to go?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean that if you buy it from somewhere else but for Steam, will the other two games still work even though Steam isn't currently selling them?

If that's what you're asking then you'll be fine either way. I've bought a number of games from GamersGate for Steam that aren't being sold on Steam anymore but were added just fine.
#5StormKMDPosted 9/15/2013 12:37:22 PM
The games are quite small (Overture is 700mbs, the others should be about the same). I really enjoyed Overture, I need to get the other ones somehow.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#6TheGodDestroyer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:16:21 PM
Aoi_Okami posted...

Yeah, like DiviDude said, they're only selling Overture for whatever reason now.

DiviDude posted...
TheGodDestroyer posted...

I'm not sure I understand your question. Do you mean that if you buy it from somewhere else but for Steam, will the other two games still work even though Steam isn't currently selling them?

If that's what you're asking then you'll be fine either way. I've bought a number of games from GamersGate for Steam that aren't being sold on Steam anymore but were added just fine.

Yeah, that's what I meant, sorry for the confusion. But awesome! Thanks.

StormKMD posted...
The games are quite small (Overture is 700mbs, the others should be about the same). I really enjoyed Overture, I need to get the other ones somehow.

Oh really? That sounds alright for me then, but I'll think about it further - I still have other games and school work to tend to before picking this game up anyway. Thank you!