This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need help understanding Neverwinter Nights 2 leveling system and builds.

#1TheBlueDeathPosted 9/15/2013 11:18:01 AM
Using http://nwn2db.com/builder.php to create my build.

If I start as a fighter and alternate levels with cleric, can the cleric equip everything I could as a fighter since I gained all the proficiences for weaponry at level one or do I lose those when I level up as a different class?

Or do I only lose class specific auras and abilities like the paladin's smite?

Was going to alternate levels between fighter and cleric to get all the greatsword specializations/focus and pick up higher levels of cleric spellcasting in order to heal/buff well.
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#2SilentHawk29Posted 9/15/2013 11:28:36 AM
You keep skills and proficiencies, that's the whole point of multi-classing.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#3TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 11:30:48 AM
SilentHawk29 posted...

So my idea of alternating levels as a fighter/cleric would work?

Was going to do monkey grip with greatsword focus/specialization and Still Spell so I can have Tower Shield in one hand, greatsword in the other and still be able to cast.

12 levels of cleric then 13 of fighter before going into the Neverwinter Nine prestige class.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#4SilentHawk29Posted 9/15/2013 11:37:43 AM(edited)
Yes. In fact it's a good idea to keep the levels between your classes close to each other to not suffer an EXP penalty (20% penalty if levels aren't within one level of each other). This happens if you multi-class two or more non-prestige classes, which is what you want to do. Or you could do a few of cleric and fighter, then level up NW9 to whatever level you want, then go back to leveling cleric/warrior.

edit: Of course, you can ignore this if the race you pick has a favored class of warrior or cleric as there would be no penalty.
---
PSN - Srikar || Steam - SilentHawk29
My car: http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8583/86coupe.jpg
#5VordraxPosted 9/15/2013 11:39:33 AM
TheBlueDeath posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

Was going to do monkey grip with greatsword focus/specialization and Still Spell so I can have Tower Shield in one hand, greatsword in the other and still be able to cast.

12 levels of cleric then 13 of fighter before going into the Neverwinter Nine prestige class.

You shouldn't need Still Spell unless something has changed, Clerics don't suffer spell failure for carrying heavy things.
---
Miroku2235: Every time someone says the Mesmer reminds them of Naruto I die a little inside.
Groadergreen: I'm legally deceased because of things like this.
#6TheBlueDeath(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 11:44:41 AM
Vordrax posted...
TheBlueDeath posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

You shouldn't need Still Spell unless something has changed, Clerics don't suffer spell failure for carrying heavy things.

Was taking still spell due to many cleric spells being somantic, IE requiring a free hand from what the wiki says.

With a greatsword in one hand and a tower shield in the other, I'd need it right?
---