This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

TuneUp Utilities = Ccleaner + TweekUI? *+ worth the $?*

#1Metroid_LoverPosted 9/15/2013 11:28:05 AM
I have searched the net to find out how to get the taskbar icons to stop flashing orange when I'm working on something else.
*Another icon/program, not the entire taskbar.*

[OS: W7: 64-bit]

The only way to do this is either using a 3rd party program (Tuneup Utilities) or edit the registry.
Some that edit the registry say it works and a few say it don't.

People that have used Tuneup Utilities say that it works. It comes with a free-15day trial, that's nice, then you have to pay to keep using it.

~$30.00 is a bit much, I've DL and tried the program, but it looks to me, at a glance: like it's a combo of Ccleaner + Defraggler + Tweak UI (with a little bit of Speccy and maybe Recuva as well) into it.

Am I right on this?
I saw ~$30.00 because I don't know the exchange rate to USD for 29.99
[Official website: http://www.tune-up.com/]

Has anyone got it and think its worth the money?
Good pros/cons for the program at all?

Or should I just keep using the free Ccleaner + Defraggler?

Thanks in advance!
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only...
#2HydroCannabinolPosted 9/15/2013 11:35:36 AM
Keep using free CCcleaner don't pay for that crap man.
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#3Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 5:37:38 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
Keep using free CCcleaner don't pay for that crap man.

The (~$39.40 USD) too much or the program doesn't really work, or not worth it, or what?

*Sorry, just a little confused on what's bad about it.*

I'm currently using the 15-day trial version, it found things that Ccleaner apparently missed, so that's good right?

Or is it more like, too-many-programs-in-one = bad idea thing?
---
Naked Courier (Skyrim): I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only...
#4Knight2520Posted 9/15/2013 9:41:23 PM(edited)
A defragging utility for Windows 7 is pointless. Windows 7 defrags itself in the background automatically.

And those prices are in euros, not GBP.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#5Metroid_Lover(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 10:04:44 AM
Knight2520 posted...
A defragging utility for Windows 7 is pointless. Windows 7 defrags itself in the background automatically.

And those prices are in euros, not GBP.

Only if you have it set/scheduled it does defrag the HDDs, but not if you stop/edit/remove that (default?) setting.

So more expensive then I though, that's bit of a steep price then, good to know before hand.

So I should uninstall the trial version and never use it, is that what this board is telling me to do?

I have read that some people have a hard time un-installing it, is this true?

Should I just boot into safe-mode and un-installl it that way?
*I'll also check on-line on how to do this in W7, don't think I've done this before and check out others on how they un-installed it and if had any troubles.*

But any recommendations from this board I'll listen to as well.

Thank you for the help and information on this, program looks nice, but not worth it, even the 'Turbo' mode and that it might speed up my PC isn't worth it?

Ok, Thanks.
---
#6refmonPosted 9/16/2013 10:20:22 AM
Tune up utilities is terrible, it deletes important files can ruin your system and yeah just to uninstall the trial version I had to use a progam
---
If you read this signature, then that meant that I had control of what you read for 5 SECONDS!!