This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Errr, I've just been banned for 52 weeks from Steam Community?

#21HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:20:27 PM
CourtofOwls posted...
they probably marked your fake "real" name as offensive

hmm that could be the case.. damn that would suck. Don't ya think a year ban is a bit harsh tho?
---
Steam ID: Mind_Explosion
I thought I chose very easy, not brand new to the game. - CheesyPhil
#22itachi1997Posted 9/15/2013 2:26:33 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...
Even GameFAQS will suspend you if you admit to "recreational drug use" under the illegal activities per the TOS / Board Etiquette.

So I wouldn't be surprised Steam took offense to that.

Lulz I've seen tons of people on FAQS admit to smoking weed, and they've never been modded for it
---
Ex PotD detective, also a Rogue Demon Hunter,
http://legacy-cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/dark-knight-beats.gif
#23CatToyPosted 9/15/2013 2:27:44 PM
Steam doesn't ban for anything listed in this thread. I would hit up support if I were you.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#24JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 2:29:55 PM
itachi1997 posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...
Even GameFAQS will suspend you if you admit to "recreational drug use" under the illegal activities per the TOS / Board Etiquette.

Lulz I've seen tons of people on FAQS admit to smoking weed, and they've never been modded for it

To anyone who has read a GameFAQs thread this will come as no surprise - I'd imagine a good 80% of the userbase is high while typing (well, from the spelling, sentence structure and logic anyway).
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#25xanthan1Posted 9/15/2013 2:51:46 PM
HydroCannabinol posted...
xanthan1 posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...

Meh, I was kinda joking. There are tons of groups dedicated to weed and gamefaqs mods are a bunch of sissies. Only America is 'afraid' of weed because it's mostly populated by ignorant sheep. The rest of the world doesn't care.

I'm 99.9% sure Steam doesn't care about bud because there are thousands of players with it in their name and tons of groups dedicated to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/actions/Search?T=ClanAccount&K=%22Weed%22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country
Doesn't care my ass.
Out of the countries listed 5 have it as legal, one of them only because they don't care but it's still illegal, and another because they eat the seeds. Many do only give a minor fine or community service, but to say only the US cares about weed at all is ignorant as hell and outright wrong.

From that stupid Wikipedia article:

However, many countries have decriminalized the possession of small quantities of cannabis, particularly in North America, South America, and Europe. Furthermore, possession is legal or effectively legal in the Netherlands, North Korea,[2] and the U.S. states of Washington and Colorado at the state level (on 28 May 2013, Colorado became the world's first fully regulated recreational cannabis market for adults.[3]). A larger number of countries have decriminalized or legalized cannabis for medical purposes.

Decriminalized is good enough for me. Technically you shouldn't have it, but you don't really get punished. They will take it away and give you a warning or write you a ticket like a speeding ticket.

You also like to ignore the fact that Steam has hundreds of groups dedicated to smoking weed. You're silly. :)

I'll also add that the list contains less than half of the countries in the world as well... and the list contains countries like Mexico where they honestly could give a **** if you smoke mota. You must live a sheltered life.

The fact it's illegal in other countries and not decriminalized in all of those means you are STILL full of ****. Also I was referring to part about only the US giving a damn, try paying attention.
#26HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:53:02 PM
xanthan1 posted...
xanthan1 posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...

Meh, I was kinda joking. There are tons of groups dedicated to weed and gamefaqs mods are a bunch of sissies. Only America is 'afraid' of weed because it's mostly populated by ignorant sheep. The rest of the world doesn't care.

I'm 99.9% sure Steam doesn't care about bud because there are thousands of players with it in their name and tons of groups dedicated to it.

http://steamcommunity.com/actions/Search?T=ClanAccount&K=%22Weed%22

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_cannabis_by_country
Doesn't care my ass.
Out of the countries listed 5 have it as legal, one of them only because they don't care but it's still illegal, and another because they eat the seeds. Many do only give a minor fine or community service, but to say only the US cares about weed at all is ignorant as hell and outright wrong.

From that stupid Wikipedia article:

However, many countries have decriminalized the possession of small quantities of cannabis, particularly in North America, South America, and Europe. Furthermore, possession is legal or effectively legal in the Netherlands, North Korea,[2] and the U.S. states of Washington and Colorado at the state level (on 28 May 2013, Colorado became the world's first fully regulated recreational cannabis market for adults.[3]). A larger number of countries have decriminalized or legalized cannabis for medical purposes.

Decriminalized is good enough for me. Technically you shouldn't have it, but you don't really get punished. They will take it away and give you a warning or write you a ticket like a speeding ticket.

You also like to ignore the fact that Steam has hundreds of groups dedicated to smoking weed. You're silly. :)

I'll also add that the list contains less than half of the countries in the world as well... and the list contains countries like Mexico where they honestly could give a **** if you smoke mota. You must live a sheltered life.

The fact it's illegal in other countries and not decriminalized in all of those means you are STILL full of ****. Also I was referring to part about only the US giving a damn, try paying attention.

What are you talking about? I stand behind my original statement. The rest of the world doesn't care.
---
#27BeknessPosted 9/15/2013 2:55:21 PM
CourtofOwls posted...
they probably marked your fake "real" name as offensive

Can that actually happen? I've seen horrible names like "I'm going to rape you" and "I banged your mom".
#28xanthan1Posted 9/15/2013 2:59:25 PM(edited)

What are you talking about? I stand behind my original statement. The rest of the world doesn't care.

Right, except for all the countries where it's just as illegal which you keep ignoring, but no, keep acting like the US is the only country where they haven't decriminalized it or ignore it, I'm sure ignoring reality works well for you.

A lot of countries don't care, but to say only the US does is still just ignorant as hell.
#29DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 2:58:06 PM
Origin allows you to talk about Marijuana freely.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#30HydroCannabinol(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:04:57 PM
xanthan1 posted...

Right, except for all the countries where it's just as illegal which you keep ignoring, but no, keep acting like the US is the only country where they haven't decriminalized it or ignore it, I'm sure ignoring reality works well for you.

A lot of countries don't care, but to say only the US does is still just ignorant as hell.

Oh my god I didn't literally mean the U.S. is the ONLY country in the entire world that 'cares about marijuana possession'. You are taking this wayyy too seriously.

The majority of the other countries do not care and don't consider you a criminal or a 'bad person' if you partake in the use of marijuana. America, however, is quite the opposite and punishes it severely while acting like your a piece of crap criminal for using it. I understand that there are people across the entire globe who think it's "wrong" to use marijuana.

I didn't realize you took my original statement so literally. Holy crap.
---