This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having trouble with constant internet disconnects.

#1mkil5Posted 9/15/2013 1:53:29 PM
Let me first explain my setup:

My main router is a Netgear WNR3500L running DD-WRT. I am also using a TP-Link TL-WR841ND v7 running DD-WRT. The TP-Link is set up as a wireless repeater bridge. My Windows 7 PC, PS3, & Raspberry Pi are connected by ethernet to this repeater bridge, I also use my phone and a few random things on the repeated Wifi signal.

I have started having some bad problems with disconnects on my PC. I will either get the second image here: http://www.home-network-help.com/images/windows-7-no-internet-access.jpg or the icon that is similar with a red X (can't find a pic of it).

With the limited connectivity I can right click it, and troubleshoot the problem and it will reset the network adapter and usually work (the problem is usually something to do with the gateway). And what has really been getting me lately has been the "red X" for no connection. If I try to troubleshoot it, it will tell me I need to plug in an ethernet cable (there is obviously one plugged in). So I have to reboot the computer (not even the repeater bridge) and it works fine. Simply rebooting the repeater bridge does not fix this problem.

While my PC goes out, all of my other devices using the repeater bridge, both wired and wireless, continue to work fine. It is only a problem on my PC.

Does anyone know what may be the problem?

Thanks for any help.
#2mkil5(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 6:35:48 PM
Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!
#3LordSeiferPosted 9/16/2013 6:57:34 PM
bad cable or bad NIC?

cable might just not be sitting perfect.
---
^ this