This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Mobo Error Codes: 04 and A0

#1jakisthePosted 9/15/2013 1:55:25 PM
Might be O4 and AO, but at any rate, I have no idea what they mean for my specific board ( a GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-UD4H LGA 1150).

Everything on my machine seems to be working fine, but those error messages...what do they mean?
---
-Why is there yogurt in this cap?!
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#2Orestes417Posted 9/15/2013 2:00:18 PM
Should have them listed in the manual. First thing I'd do though is clear the CMOS.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#3jakisthe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:17:56 PM
Well, the manual has no listing for 04, but the possibly-similar-looking D4 says "PCI resource allocation error. Out of resources."

I've only a GTX770 hooked up to the PCI port, and all my fans/cooling are working properly. Any ideas?
---
-It used to be milk, but, well, time makes fools of us all. (cookie for reference)::160 cookies given thus far::
#4Orestes417Posted 9/15/2013 2:19:43 PM
Do it the old fashioned way. Remove absolutely everything not essential to the PC booting and start adding it back a part at a time.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#5jakisthe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 2:51:27 PM(edited)
Hmm. Well, disconnecting my HDD prompted it to go to AO (A0?), which - besides saying that the IDE initialization has started - is apparently fine? Getting conflicting responses on that, looking around the web.

How would I clear my CMOS, and what would that do to my saved items?
EDIT: Nor do I know how to update my BIOs, and same questions as for the CMOS.
---
#6mrCubePosted 9/15/2013 2:59:04 PM
The codes aren't necessarily error messages, they are just telling you what part of the POST the motherboard is at. It sounds like your board passes the POST and everything is working, so you really have nothing to worry about.
---
---
#7steveboblarryPosted 9/15/2013 3:02:26 PM
jakisthe posted...
Hmm. Well, disconnecting my HDD prompted it to go to AO (A0?), which - besides saying that the IDE initialization has started - is apparently fine? Getting conflicting responses on that, looking around the web.

How would I clear my CMOS, and what would that do to my saved items?
EDIT: Nor do I know how to update my BIOs, and same questions as for the CMOS.

you should have a cmos button if the mobo is gigabyte
---
Drake the type of dude to call the cops because a girl stole his virginity.
#8jakisthe(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 3:19:33 PM
Hmmm...fair enough. For what it's worth, it's not showing 04 after I unplugged/plugged my HDD, just back to AO. Guess it's alright?

Still, for the future: what would resetting the CMOS do in terms of stored data?
---
#9mrCubePosted 9/15/2013 3:25:37 PM
It will reset your BIOS settings back to default.
---
---
#10WyzeGyePosted 9/15/2013 3:39:43 PM
does a 770 need additional power in the form of a 6 or 8 pin plug?

is that plugged in?
---
http://i.imgur.com/2dhh8tn.gif | http://i.imgur.com/p5EXSiq.jpg
http://i.crackedcdn.com/phpimages/article/2/2/7/201227_v1.gif