This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

People always talk about how bad communities are...

#1TheSchrefPosted 9/15/2013 3:39:45 PM
But I never see anyone say, "The community is great!"

Are there any games out there that have awesome communities or are they all pretty much trash?
#2KillerzOverHerePosted 9/15/2013 3:41:42 PM
LoL has one of the best communities out there, you should check them out. Ditto with CoD.
#3reincarnator07Posted 9/15/2013 3:41:53 PM
I find the more complex games have better communities. Eve Online, X3 and Natural Selection 2 all have pretty good communities, provided one doesn't act like an ass. I think they remember how confusing it all was when they were newbs, so they try to make it easier on others.
---
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero
#4steveboblarryPosted 9/15/2013 3:43:45 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...
LoL has one of the best communities out there, you should check them out. Ditto with CoD.

Yea man your totally right they are both very respectable communities..........wait minute
---
Drake the type of dude to call the cops because a girl stole his virginity.
#5DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 3:46:29 PM
The brony community is pretty great.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#6GarhinderPosted 9/15/2013 3:51:04 PM
Ninja Gaiden 2 had (not sure if it still exists) a very good and helpful community.
#7kobalobasileusPosted 9/15/2013 4:08:19 PM
KillerzOverHere posted...

You just broke my sarcasm detector. You owe me a new one.
#8BogePosted 9/15/2013 4:26:25 PM(edited)
I've heard people say the Lord of the Rings Online has a great community. It's probably because that game is so cooperative oriented with little focus on PvP. It's the PvP where people turn into jerks.
---
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.
#9_GRIM_FANDANGO_Posted 9/15/2013 5:34:45 PM
Any popular game draws a ton of random people and since it is online and anonymous, people will be asses.

It is only when the game is one that is chosen by more like-minded individuals that share certain interests, that there is any opportunity of a good community. It is sort of a selection effect.
---
I5 760 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
#10SlaynPosted 9/15/2013 5:58:30 PM
Smaller more niche communities are good, the larger a game, the worst the community. Especially without dedicated servers, where you play with the same people. You can just be an ass, and you will never see that person again. There aren't too many games with small communities. I remember Neverwinter Nights was cool.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.