This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ridge Racer: Driftopia?

#1AllHailTheDead6Posted 9/15/2013 3:49:36 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/226410/

looks interesting and its F2P so thats a plus. But before I waste time to download it has anyone played it yet?

Also looking for a poker game or something, I see xbox has this World series of Poker that just came out and it looks fun, anything like this for pc?
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
*Puts on his robe and wizard hat*
#2DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/15/2013 3:58:59 PM
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
its F2P so thats a plus.

Disagree completely. Instant turn off. F2P is never free unless you like the perpetual grind.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#3AllHailTheDead6(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 4:16:01 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
its F2P so thats a plus.

Disagree completely. Instant turn off. F2P is never free unless you like the perpetual grind.

perpetual grind? I mean sure in some crappy F2P games but I don't touch those.

Dota 2 has no grind
Mechwarrior has no grind
path of exile.....well durrrr but i dont see what paying would get you
World series of poker on xbox no grind

There are some F2P games that don't have a stupid P2W grind and after reading a bit it seems this one doesn't seem too bad
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead
#4fataliPosted 9/15/2013 4:27:36 PM
This game does have endless grinding. I played the beta and did not like it.

You earn money to buy cars and repairs for your cars, you need 1 repair after crashing in a race to fix the car, and if for whatever reason you don't have any repairs in stock at the instant of the crash, you lose the car.
---
Mystery is the source of all true science.
#5akuma634Posted 9/15/2013 4:29:52 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
its F2P so thats a plus.

That's not even accurate. Typical free to play works like this, the core game is open to anybody and there are things you can get on the side such as characters, skins, and whatnot, and it becomes more about pay what you feel its worth. If you think it's worth $60 bucks then you can spend that much, if you think it's worth 3 dollars then you can do that, and if you think it's better free then you can totally do that.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/akuma634
#6DV8ingSourcesPosted 9/15/2013 4:41:28 PM
akuma634 posted...
and whatnot,

boosters... Almost all f2p games have similar aspects.
---
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1
#7CourtofOwlsPosted 9/15/2013 5:17:09 PM
nope,stay far far away from this thing
i was in the beta and uninstalled after about 30 mins
it's the same tracks as unbounded,you only play ghosts and it's designed to rip you off apparently because every time the game crashed (which was very frequent) when i came back on it said my car was damaged and needed to be repaired

you can get unbounded for less than you'd spend even trying to play this

poker game? uhh take your pick,there's lots of websites,i think full tilt has avatars and stuff
if you want an actual game there's poker night at the inventory 1 & 2,you only play the ai but playing against real people is useless 99.9% of the time with free stuff
---
Boycott Best Buy!
#8TimePharaohPosted 9/15/2013 5:23:18 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
its F2P so thats a plus.

Disagree completely. Instant turn off.

---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#9cody4783Posted 9/15/2013 6:48:07 PM
DV8ingSources posted...
its F2P so thats a plus.

Main reason I glazed over it. Saw someone on my friends list playing it and looked it up...realized it was F2P game and left.
---
PC: http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn233/cody4783/cody4783.jpg
#10AllHailTheDead6(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:52:40 PM
played it for a bit

its honestly not that bad

I've seen the main complaint is that people have a hard time getting the repair kits.

Well you get 50 and a new car everyday not to mention Ive only played 2 races and already have 70 repair kits

seems like a decent game for being f2p
---
Steam ID AllHailTheDead