This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the point of the Sims 3?

#11MissHedgehogPosted 9/16/2013 12:42:50 AM
Sims 3 ambitions adds different professions. So when you pick a job as a firefighter, instead of being picked up in the morning you actually can control your sim at work. They're pretty fun, in my opinion!
Also Sims 3 adventures lets you travel to China, Paris and Egypt. There are a whole bunch of new adventure quests, so it might add something new to the game for you if you don't have it yet.
I got both for about 10 euros in the Christmas sale, so it might be worth waiting a little bit ;)
---
3DS FC 5043-2061-7637
#12thefabregas22Posted 9/16/2013 1:15:21 AM
WyzeGye posted...
buy more DLC

Expansion packs.... you shouldn't call it dlc
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#13Bikes-Posted 9/16/2013 3:32:32 AM
WyzeGye posted...
Couldnt tell you... i think the medieval adds some twists, and there's a movie one... i think.

I haven't really played any sims game since 1 or the urbz. I can't spend more that 20 minutes playing Sims 3 without getting bored.

Medieval is a separate game and isn't really that good IMO, I could never stand to play more than a hour, it's pretty much a dumbed down sims game combined with really bad RPG elements. As far as movies, I think that's just a stuff pack.

thefabregas22 posted...
WyzeGye posted...
buy more DLC

Expansion packs.... you shouldn't call it dlc

There's also DLC for 3 though. Probably the worst thing about it, there's expansions, stuff packs and separate dlc on top of that, the amount it would cost to actually own all of sims 3 is absurd.
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#14Freelance_WolfPosted 9/16/2013 8:03:42 AM
Bikes- posted...

Medieval is a separate game and isn't really that good IMO, I could never stand to play more than a hour, it's pretty much a dumbed down sims game combined with really bad RPG elements.

I think Medieval is a great game. It puts in Sims gameplay with RPG-ish elements and professions into one package. I wish more people liked it though, like SimCity Societies. A few more expansions would've been awesome to flesh it out more. From what I've read in forums, the people who didn't like it was assuming the game would be a medieval version of the Sims, and was disappointed when it wasn't what they thought it'd be. I knew what it was like going in, and I'm having lots of fun with it.
---
Max: "I think he just needs a hug, or a sharp blow to the head."
#15Ch3wyPosted 9/16/2013 8:09:30 AM
That's like asking what the point of life is.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#16Nineteen99Posted 9/16/2013 8:12:20 AM
What's the point of Sims?

To get your Sim laid. All the time. Constantly. Use testingcheatsenabled to turn the needs bars into sliders so you never have to eat or sleep. Just WooHoo.
---
"Words cannot describe how screwed I am..."-Phoenix Wright
Currently Playing: The Sims 3
#17Sk2k52Posted 9/16/2013 8:13:38 AM
Thats like asking the point in Minecraft. It's really your own goals. You run out of your own goals and well, you're done.
---
http://14thlord.blogspot.com/2013/09/7-reasons-wii-u-flopped-at-launch.html
7 Reasons why the Wii U's Launch failed.
#18maybecallsPosted 9/16/2013 8:14:10 AM
I got Sims 3 in the Bundle, but haven't downloaded it yet. Does your character age and eventually die? What age do you start at?
#19NotQuiteAFreakPosted 9/16/2013 8:18:17 AM
1) Make all the women in your town lesbians
2) ???
3) Profit
---
Not changing sig till we get a sequel to Freedom Fighters.
Started 13/4/2010
#20lostsymphonyPosted 9/16/2013 8:23:56 AM
maybecalls posted...
I got Sims 3 in the Bundle, but haven't downloaded it yet. Does your character age and eventually die? What age do you start at?

You can turn aging on or off and set it to a really wide variety of speeds. You can be a baby, child, teen, young adult, adult, and elder as far as I know..I'm actually unsure about that since I usually play with aging turned off. Sims will die of old age with it turned on. You can create Sims at all ages.