This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

best Free to Play games on steam?

#21JimilliganPosted 9/16/2013 11:43:29 AM
War Thunder and Warframe are good. Planetside isn't too bad. Also Jagged Alliance Online is fun to mess around with if you just want to sit back and kill some time.
---
So say we all
#22matu90rkPosted 9/16/2013 11:46:57 AM(edited)
sal_stinger posted...
Rift is a good MMO you can check out. It's free aswell

This, but it's not on Steam anymore.

+1 to Warframe.
#23machucogpPosted 9/16/2013 12:27:52 PM
Spiral Knights

They removed the energy system some months ago, you can play as much as you like for free

(Basically, before you had to pay 10 energy to use an elevator to play a level, run out of energy and you can't play levels anymore, that system was removed)
---
"Because it's whineFAQS home of the entitled wiener kids." - Malefaction
#24Orestes417Posted 9/16/2013 1:14:20 PM
The main problem with GW2 is the lack of any feeling of progression after you hit 30. If you want a sub-less MMO I'd recommend Rift over it any day of the year, even moreso if you can pick up a cheap boxed copy to unlock some extra perks.

As for Planetside 2 it can be fun in the moment if you're playing with a group but overall it just feels like there's no point. You never "win", you never really hold anything you cap, there's no expectation of evenly balanced sides and if you play solo you rarely ever feel like you're accomplishing anything. It's like an infinite ticket version of Battlefield's conquest that's poorly optimized. Me personally I'd rather just play actual Battlefield.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.