This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why is LoL fun?

#1Free_sanPosted 9/15/2013 6:38:55 PM
Seeing so many people vote for Draven (and seeing the number differences... ignoring that a bit though), what makes LoL actually fun?

I've had my fair share of fun with RTS games like starcraft and age of empires 2, but LoL was just plain boring for me. This is with my same group of friends that migrated from starcraft 2 to LoL, and asked me to play a bit.

An extra thought I had: Is LoL really that fun if people spend a seemingly large amount of time on boards/forums? I know there's waiting time inbetween matches and whatnot, but when I play a game, I stay completely engrossed in it until I'm done with it. If there is some downtime (say travelling in a world), I would look up more stuff on the game or take care of body necessities (using the restroom).
#2TimePharaohPosted 9/15/2013 6:39:49 PM
It's not

And it's also not an RTS
---
"HE are genius, firstly." - ASlaveObeys
http://i.imgur.com/SQAc17B.png
#32Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/15/2013 6:40:36 PM
It's fun for people who enjoy playing it. If you don't enjoy it you don't have to like it.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#4SlaynPosted 9/15/2013 6:40:58 PM
Who cares, stop making a huge deal. Draaven won because a bunch of people on reddit spammed votes, get over it.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#5Free_san(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 6:43:06 PM
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
It's fun for people who enjoy playing it. If you don't enjoy it you don't have to like it.

But why is it fun? I genuinely wanted to enjoy it to have something to do with friends and my brother. It doesn't appeal to me at all though.

I want to know if I'm playing with the wrong mentality, doing something wrong, anything. I just don't get the appeal of the game.
#62Dhas_a_MIGRANEPosted 9/15/2013 6:44:00 PM
Free_san posted...
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...

But why is it fun? I genuinely wanted to enjoy it to have something to do with friends and my brother. It doesn't appeal to me at all though.

I want to know if I'm playing with the wrong mentality, doing something wrong, anything. I just don't get the appeal of the game.

Well it could get more fun the better you are at it and the better your opponents are.
---
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542
#7Hi CPosted 9/15/2013 6:44:01 PM
It's not fun. It's a fad. People play it because their friends play it like CoD, WoW, etc.

When the MOBA bubble pops it will crash hard.
---
You'll be my John G.
#8SlaynPosted 9/15/2013 6:45:57 PM
Hi C posted...
It's not fun. It's a fad. People play it because their friends play it like CoD, WoW, etc.

When the MOBA bubble pops it will crash hard.

How long do fads last, because people have been playing MOBA since DOTA came out, which was years ago....
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#9Free_san(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 6:49:35 PM
Slayn posted...
Who cares, stop making a huge deal. Draaven won because a bunch of people on reddit spammed votes, get over it.

I'm asking an actual question. The character battle vote is a "who cares" thing now. However, seeing this many people talking about the game, I really want to understand why it's fun. This is because my friends are really into it, and I still don't get it after watching them play and actually playing.

The responses I've had so far don't fill me with much hope though, putting it mildly...
#10DerPancakePosted 9/15/2013 7:02:58 PM(edited)
I find the user created MOBAS in Starcraft 2 fun, but for some reason I get bored of LoL and Dota2 :S.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake