This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone still play Warcraft III?

#1AzurexNightmarePosted 9/15/2013 7:47:13 PM
I've been missing it for years but I feel like if I buy it now that no one will be on it <_<
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#2JKatarnPosted 9/15/2013 7:52:46 PM
Being a Blizzard game, I can all but guarantee there will be a small, diehard group of players still playing the game. I don't know if you'd want to play against them though, unless you've been playing little but Warcraft III in your spare time.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#3AzurexNightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2013 7:54:52 PM
I wouldn't want to play the main game, I would want to play games like LOAP (Life of a Peasant) and the tower defense games :]
---
PS3/Vita ID and 3DS FC in About Me
Digimon World 1 Remake on 3DS only 15k needed to localize https://www.facebook.com/OperationDecode
#4analogmanPosted 9/15/2013 7:55:13 PM
get a few friends to bring back the nostalgia.
---
check my quote :DD
#5iscareu13Posted 9/15/2013 7:58:23 PM
There are still enough people to find ladder matches and custom games still fill all the time. There are still some communities that run game nights with custom games.

With that said...
- If you don't join an active community, you will be stuck with the same ~10 custom games that are hosted by bots 24/7.
- No one joins custom games that are not hosted by bots.
- Cheaters are probably more common than legitimate players.
- Servers are iffy. IIRC, US East ladder was down for weeks a few months back.
etc...

In short, WC3 isn't the awesome experience it used to be. If you wanted what WC3 once was, you are too late. If you are okay with playing with a dedicated small community/communities, then there is still that.
#6MaKhaosPosted 9/15/2013 8:16:34 PM
There's always Garena.
---
"TSA lady opened my bag and asked me about my Magic: The Gathering booster packs.
I explained that they're not weapons since I have no land." -Day[9]
#7Damaged7Posted 9/15/2013 11:16:17 PM
My roomate still plays it all the time. He usually plays the Risk games or LOTR Helms deep.
---
Bold Text