This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

uTorrent settings

#1The Killer HumarPosted 9/15/2013 10:50:47 PM
Hey,

Not intending to violate the TOU of the message boards and didn't see that discussion of torrent programs were explicitly forbidden. Now here's the question: For uTorrent, when I click the peers tab where it shows the IP/clients used by all seeders/leechers, I've noticed that now it shows my actual PC's name rather than just an IP. For example it would have this format: "<Name>-PC". For anyone whom has used this program before, is it only showing the local name to me because I'm the user of that PC/connection, or is there a setting that I changed by accident to cause this change?
#2Knight2520Posted 9/15/2013 10:59:44 PM
Just so you know, if you're using a version of uTorrent higher than 2.2.1, you're doing it wrong.

I'm pretty sure that it's because it shows the localhost name, from a very quick Google search. It's not a publicly viewable name, although if they have your IP they certainly don't need your computer name.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#3A Perfect UrkelPosted 9/15/2013 11:07:56 PM
I followed a guide to tweak Utorrent and get better speeds and my download speed suddenly went insanely fast.

Within the hour there was a cable company van at a nearby pole, and that is rare to see in the neighborhood where I was.

I'm not saying that I opened up the vortex to the backbone of the internet, but I'm pretty sure I did.
---
I sold out long before you ever heard my name
#4ggf162Posted 9/15/2013 11:26:55 PM
A Perfect Urkel posted...
I followed a guide to tweak Utorrent and get better speeds and my download speed suddenly went insanely fast.

Within the hour there was a cable company van at a nearby pole, and that is rare to see in the neighborhood where I was.

I'm not saying that I opened up the vortex to the backbone of the internet, but I'm pretty sure I did.

Did you happen to keep that speed?
---
My name is Ivan I like you
#5A Perfect UrkelPosted 9/15/2013 11:37:00 PM
ggf162 posted...
A Perfect Urkel posted...

Did you happen to keep that speed?

Yes, when able to. If there's only one seeder and no leachers, and that seeder has it set to be slow, it doesn't matter what you do on your end. But if you open up the number of connections and there's many connections and all that stuff it's going to blaze.
---
I sold out long before you ever heard my name
#6NingishzidaPosted 9/15/2013 11:55:14 PM
Knight2520 posted...
Just so you know, if you're using a version of uTorrent higher than 2.2.1, you're doing it wrong.

why?
#7deadlyforcemanPosted 9/16/2013 6:52:50 AM
Using 3.0 or newer allows me to use the remote though, and now that I've used that I can't go back. I was on 2.2.1 forever, but the app just makes life so much easier for certain things that SB can't grab.
---
Member of the WWEGSB Mafia
DSM for life...'95 GSX - 9.381 at 153mph