This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

good CPU cooler

#1Sergei_DukanovPosted 9/16/2013 2:11:52 AM
I am currently using a H60 on a 8350 with a asrock 990 extreme 9 mobo. I have finally got my CPU running at 4.6ghz stable, but I dont think the H60 will be enough for it. Whats a good closed looped cooler that I can use for it? preferably under $110? Thanks for the help.
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice" Gamer Tag XT356 my pc:pcpartpicker.com/p/1wSB1
#2Sergei_Dukanov(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 4:22:54 AM
bump
---
" The capacity to learn is a gift;The ability to learn is a skill;The willingness to learn is a choice" Gamer Tag XT356 my pc:pcpartpicker.com/p/1wSB1
#3urtvPosted 9/16/2013 6:50:40 AM
kraken x60
corsair h100i
#4Sergei_Dukanov(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 11:50:42 AM
been looking at the H100i as well. I was also able to get it to 4.8ghz just fine, but will it keep it cool? and how much will my wallet cry when the energy bill coming in?
---
#5GreenMage7Posted 9/16/2013 12:14:51 PM(edited)
Sergei_Dukanov posted...
been looking at the H100i as well. I was also able to get it to 4.8ghz just fine, but will it keep it cool? and how much will my wallet cry when the energy bill coming in?

My H80i keeps 4.8 cool enough under non-extreme Prime 95 conditions (it gets a little too hot after about 45 minutes on Prime but not danerously so) so the H100i should be fine as long as you are using the least amount of voltage possible to maintain your 4.8 stable.

The power concerns are mostly moot assuming you remember to re-engage power-saving features after determining your overclock is stable. I also turn off my computer when I'm not using it. SSD + Windows 8 gets me back in essentially by the time I've finished getting situated.

For the record, I would have gotten one of the big Noctua coolers and an extra case fan instead of the H80i knowing how loud these things are as intakes, so I would probably look into that as well.
#6Sergei_Dukanov(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 12:41:11 PM
the bill thing was a joke. I am leaning more towards the kraken x60 since my case is already NZXT. And some of the reviews are disheartening on the H100i. And I disabled all the power saving junk. I just going to measure and see if I can use the top 200mm fans as a pullers and have enough clearance for the bottom ones too.
---