This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Actually shocked GTA V is not releasing for PC

#11igniz12000Posted 9/16/2013 6:14:25 AM
Unlike console gamers, its not like PC gamers are actually starved for games right now. Unless you're a diehard GTA fan, you could probably wait it out for the PC version. R* clearly dont give a toss about the PC platform and have put all their chips in with the consoles, it makes sense to devote time and energy into making the consoles up to par rather than spend development time on a PC version. Even Max Payne 3 that was amazing on the PC had a 2 week(I think) embargo. By all accounts the console versions seem to knock it out the park so I think their decisions would seem justified here.
#12triple sPosted 9/16/2013 6:18:04 AM
TheRealMrDC posted...
I fully expected to see it on Steam tomorrow... This is a mammoth title, why the hell is it console-only? So impatient folks rush out and buy a console version then get a PC copy as well a couple months later?

Well, this is exactly the point hence my impatient ass getting the PS3 bundle.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#13Ch3wyPosted 9/16/2013 6:22:14 AM
The game only had a 250 million dollar budget.

How on earth could they fit a PC port within that budget? I mean they need at least 200 million for advertising and executive salaries alone. That leaves them with barely anything for the game.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#14GGscrubPosted 9/16/2013 6:22:17 AM
ITT: PC Master Race........lol
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ
#15snesmaster40Posted 9/16/2013 6:29:08 AM
GGscrub posted...

I have a PS3 Slim which keeps shutting itself off randomly. It appears to be a PSU problem. It's nearly 5 years old and it's very heartbreaking.

le consoles ftw, top kek. upboat pls
---
Are we not men?
#16FRo3tBLo0dPosted 9/16/2013 6:34:02 AM
TheRealMrDC posted...
I fully expected to see it on Steam tomorrow... This is a mammoth title, why the hell is it console-only? So impatient folks rush out and buy a console version then get a PC copy as well a couple months later?

Basically
#17SuperShadowAcePosted 9/16/2013 6:36:54 AM
snesmaster40 posted...
GGscrub posted...

I have a PS3 Slim which keeps shutting itself off randomly. It appears to be a PSU problem. It's nearly 5 years old and it's very heartbreaking.

le consoles ftw, top kek. upboat pls

>>>/v/
---
http://ofnoobsandmen.com/ <----Good comic
Game contact information in profile.
#18Mike_HD2Posted 9/16/2013 7:31:57 AM
Current rating of 99/100 on Metacritic after 12 reviews.
#19Ch3wyPosted 9/16/2013 7:40:36 AM
Mike_HD2 posted...
Current rating of 99/100 on Metacritic after 12 reviews.

Meh, let me know when it's 100/100.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#20Lethal13Posted 9/16/2013 7:42:34 AM
PC gamers not getting GTA V oh noes

Guess they'll have to muster up the courage to play it on home consoles. God I hope they can bear to look at something that isn't on the fastest and most powerful gaming rig around.

Console franchises >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pc franchises