This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Actually shocked GTA V is not releasing for PC

#71Zohar_MetatronPosted 9/16/2013 8:36:47 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
matu90rk posted...
Raven2827 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Raven2827 posted...
Mostly pirates probably. Have you seen some of those release groups; the game comes out one day, crack is available same day or within the week. For a title like GTAV a lot of people that would buy the game would just pirate it instead. This is reasonable.

I'm pretty sure the game has already been up for download for a few days now.

It's a lot easier to pirate a PC game than the Iso for 360/ps3 which a lot of people are NOT willing to do.

PC game sales are through the roof, that's why nowadays previously console-specific developers are also releasing their games for PC.

Most of those sales are actually just indie games.

The Mortal Kombat rerelease on PC, which came out two years after the console one had already caught the majority of that fanbase and most fighting game players-it's not a market that does well on PC-has apparently sold ridiculously well.
---
By Grabthar's Hammer, what a savings.
#72ThunderPotatoPosted 9/16/2013 11:18:52 PM
I'm actually shocked how little you understand publishing. It wouldn't "suddenly" appear tomorrow on Steam.

Lmao
---
Draven: He's the hero GameFAQs deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
#73SenkoyPosted 9/16/2013 11:43:45 PM
I'll wait either way. If the PC port is good, I'll get it for PC. Otherwise I'll get it for the PS4.
---
My fight stick: http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
My team combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdoD7BvGUOE
#74OmegaDL50Posted 9/16/2013 11:49:14 PM(edited)
Title - Actually shocked GTA V is not releasing for PC

It is releasing for it. Just not on the same date as the console release.

/topic
---
Intel i5 3570k | 8GB DDR3 | MSI TF3 HD7950 | PS2 | Xbox | PS3 | Wii U | PSP | DS
Gaming is about fun, not company loyalty or close minded platform worship
#75king_maddenPosted 9/17/2013 8:46:13 PM
OmegaDL50 posted...

/topic

it wont release for it
#76VanderZooPosted 9/17/2013 10:00:11 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
Fat_Dog_Mendoza posted...
Even though I've always preferred PC gaming, IIRC GTA games have always been inferior on PC. They don't really control as well with a keyboard+mouse and GTA IV was so poorly optimized that it required an absolutely inhuman PC to run smoothly when it first released. You may as well just play it on consoles.

"The series that has its roots on the PC has always been inferior on PC"

Oh do go on.

That's like Nintendo gamers who still try to claim ownership over final fantasy. Since GTA 3 the franchise has been a console franchise first and foremost, hence why PC has gotten every GTA game since then after consoles. San Andreas sold like 15 million copies on PS2 alone. Not only that but there have been entire GTA games that haven't appeared on PC at all (liberty/vice city stories).
---
Man of Steel - 26.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#77Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 10:15:03 PM
VanderZoo posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Fat_Dog_Mendoza posted...
Even though I've always preferred PC gaming, IIRC GTA games have always been inferior on PC. They don't really control as well with a keyboard+mouse and GTA IV was so poorly optimized that it required an absolutely inhuman PC to run smoothly when it first released. You may as well just play it on consoles.

"The series that has its roots on the PC has always been inferior on PC"

Oh do go on.

That's like Nintendo gamers who still try to claim ownership over final fantasy. Since GTA 3 the franchise has been a console franchise first and foremost, hence why PC has gotten every GTA game since then after consoles. San Andreas sold like 15 million copies on PS2 alone. Not only that but there have been entire GTA games that haven't appeared on PC at all (liberty/vice city stories).

How many times do I have to explain that, by delaying the superior version of the game, Rockstar can sell their game twice to impatient PC gamers?
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#78GameLover780Posted 9/18/2013 5:25:37 AM
it's just not cool cause the real fun of gaming is on PC, okay well PS's And Xbox's have got the dual shock controllers and movement recording stuff like PS's Move but still PC rules. Really heartbreaking that GTA V isn't out for PC. Hah.....................
#79SlaynPosted 9/18/2013 5:28:50 AM
king_madden posted...
OmegaDL50 posted...

/topic

it wont release for it

I want you to swear that if GTAV releases for PC, you will close your gamefaqs account. This I will tag this topic in my signature until the day it is released.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#80WautraetsMPosted 9/18/2013 10:10:34 AM
Lethal13 posted...
PC gamers not getting GTA V oh noes

Guess they'll have to muster up the courage to play it on home consoles. God I hope they can bear to look at something that isn't on the fastest and most powerful gaming rig around.

Console franchises >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> pc franchises

ALL console games are made /tested ON a pc.
---
3DS FC 5043-1899-8227