This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed Steam $4.99

#61Ch3wyPosted 9/17/2013 7:42:43 AM
neroAngelo posted...
Ch3wy posted...
neroAngelo posted...
DerPancake posted...
Does this game crap on Mario Kart?

No, every MK game blows SASRT away. SASRT is still decent, but it's got nothing on MK.

lol

MK is just a game of luck these days. Conan was able to win when he played it.

It's no more luck based than SASRT. MK at least involves some skill like snaking.

You can snake in both games. Have you played SASRT?
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#62SlaynPosted 9/17/2013 9:26:59 AM
Ch3wy posted...
If you don't buy this game at this price, then **** you.

I would like to say this post specifically made me buy the game.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#63Wario_manPosted 9/17/2013 9:28:16 AM
He makes a strong argument...
---
If you have accepted Santa Christ as your lord and saviour, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig.
#64neroAngeloPosted 9/17/2013 9:30:34 AM
Ch3wy posted...

You can't really snake is SASTR. It takes an eternity for the boost to come out. Trying to snake in SASTR would end up just slowing you down because you have to drift for so long between boost levels.
---
PSWii360 - This is how I triforce http://i.imgur.com/9qF9vGa.jpg
i7 920 @3.3GHz, 6GB DDR3, 7850 2GB
#65KillerTrufflePosted 9/17/2013 9:55:40 AM
In addition to snaking, you have the other jump stunts in SASTR that dramatically increase your boost the instant you land. Timing as many stunts as you can to get maximum boost, without overdoing it and killing your momentum, also takes skill, and is something MK doesn't have.

Then there's the fact that so many items in MK feel a bit overpowered, and it's largely luck-based whether you get them or not. Blue shell in particular, but also the bullet bill, invincibility star, etc... MK has a ton of powerups that are effectively unavoidable, random, and occur way too frequently. Sonic, on the other hand, has very few unavoidable powerups, almost any homing weapon can be dodged if you're good, and the all-star powerups don't occur nearly as often as people get those other unstoppable powerups in MK.

MK is fine, but I'd have to say Sonic is the game requiring greater skill.
---
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
#66CC RicersPosted 9/17/2013 10:06:47 AM
neroAngelo posted...
Ch3wy posted...

You can't really snake is SASTR. It takes an eternity for the boost to come out. Trying to snake in SASTR would end up just slowing you down because you have to drift for so long between boost levels.

I've only played it for a few weeks, but when I am playing against the best players in time trials I can see their ghosts doing snake like movements in some of the tracks. Maybe it's just the real good players that have accomplished that.
---
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
#67KillerTrufflePosted 9/17/2013 10:53:54 AM
^ Snaking is possible - you pretty much just have to time it right with the curvature of the tracks to get the highest boost out of it. You can also control your direction while drifting a bit to help extend each drift as long as possible. I have snaked in Sonic on long straight stretches too, so I know it's possible.
---
#68qeoijlijwPosted 9/17/2013 10:55:02 AM
Kilron posted...
It was a good buy even at $30, considering the console version cost twice that at launch, and has less content.

uh no.
game was $40 at launch for consoles.
unless if you're bad at math, $30 x 2 =/= $40
#69sonicteam2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 11:21:00 AM(edited)
KillerTruffle posted...
^ Snaking is possible - you pretty much just have to time it right with the curvature of the tracks to get the highest boost out of it. You can also control your direction while drifting a bit to help extend each drift as long as possible. I have snaked in Sonic on long straight stretches too, so I know it's possible.

I don't know exactly what "snaking" is but from what it sounds like is you drift to your left and right back and forth to keep your boost until you reach max or until you need it. If so, this is so easy to do.

while drifting in one direction, just left go of drift button and quickly press it again along with the analog stick in the other direction to drift the opposite direction. I do this on straight stretches as well to gain level 3 boost all the time.

I'm hoping that's what "snaking" is. I never knew what it was called. Just made sense to do it that way.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#70KillerTrufflePosted 9/17/2013 11:16:03 AM
sonicteam2k1 posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

I don't know exactly what "snaking" is but from what it sounds like is you drift to your left and right back and forth to keep your boost until you reach max or until you need it. If so, this is so easy to do.

while drifting in one direction, just left go of drift button and quickly press it again along with the analog stick in the other direction to drift the opposite direction. I do this on straight stretches as well to gain level 3 boost all the time.

I'm hoping that's what "snaking" is.

That's exactly what snaking is.
---