The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#1stalemate_666Posted 9/16/2013 3:00:39 PM
Okay so people have been throwing around the stats for pc having more exclusives, but they never name any games, which leads me to believe the vast majority of them most people don't know about and/or aren't worth mentioning. I think it's like the ios store a lot of 1 person devs making games most of it absolute crap with a few gems but even the gems don't require anything close to a gaming pc.

Since people say pc has the most powerful therefore the best games or whatever I'm wondering which of those exclusives actually need a gaming pc because I've looked and asked people who brought it up and I still don't have an answer. Personally I believe a gaming pc isn't all that useful since the power will never be used for gameplay elements because devs need the install base which requires having lower requirements, so it's pretty much only good for upresing multiplats and running them at a faster framerate.

But if there is a really good pc game that does use the extra power for gameplay elements I want to know about it, and something recent please, like after starcraft 2 which is the closest example I can think of on my own.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#2DerPancakePosted 9/16/2013 3:02:39 PM(edited)
I would say Rome: Total War 2, but it didn't turn out well, maybe when they fix it.
---
Steam/Origin: DerPancake
#3LoshadtPosted 9/16/2013 3:04:09 PM
Legitimate gaming PC is a stupid term because there's no such thing.

If you mean top-tier hardware, then there is not a single game that requires such. Is that the self-affirmation you were looking for?
---
Russian is my first language, so yes there may be a spelling error or two.
Kirino is best girl.
#4Lemur_HPosted 9/16/2013 3:06:03 PM
ARMA.

Most of the exclusives are kinda niche... Something you really won't find on other platforms. Maybe that's why I like them. The console exclusives tend to aim for that flashy cinematic story-driven experience and I'm almost never into that.
#5NingishzidaPosted 9/16/2013 3:08:25 PM
mods
#6MonkeymagePosted 9/16/2013 3:10:28 PM
Planetside 2, Arma 2 and 3, Civilization V (try running the latter part of a long-running game on a crappy or older PC), Shogun 2, recent MMOs like Firefall or Wildstar.

Also your mistake is thinking that multi-platform game simply have the resolution bumped up. They don't. Most of them have PC-exclusive effects, better models, better textures, etc. Maybe on certain titles, like Darksiders 2, the main difference is going to be resolution, but a game like The Witcher 2 or Metro: Last Light? The difference between PC and Console is staggering.
---
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI
#7stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 3:11:41 PM
Loshadt posted...
Legitimate gaming PC is a stupid term because there's no such thing.

If you mean top-tier hardware, then there is not a single game that requires such. Is that the self-affirmation you were looking for?

I'm not looking for self-affirmation, I'll be getting a pretty high end pc soon for school purposes and just wondering if there are a few games to all this pc bragging that I would enjoy or if it is total bull. Also although the term is a littler ambiguous anyone who could answer my question knows what I mean, so stop nitpicking semantics.
---
#8NingishzidaPosted 9/16/2013 3:15:15 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
I'm not looking for self-affirmation, I'll be getting a pretty high end pc soon for school purposes and just wondering if there are a few games to all this pc bragging that I would enjoy or if it is total bull. Also although the term is a littler ambiguous anyone who could answer my question knows what I mean, so stop nitpicking semantics.

peasant
#9Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/16/2013 3:16:39 PM
I think one of the things you're forgetting is that certain titles go from good to great when you change from console to PC. Take Fallout: New Vegas for instance. The vanilla game is good, but nothing spectacular, but with the mods available for it, it can easily be an amazing game.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#10stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2013 3:17:17 PM
Monkeymage posted...
Planetside 2, Arma 2 and 3, Civilization V (try running the latter part of a long-running game on a crappy or older PC), Shogun 2, recent MMOs like Firefall or Wildstar.

Also your mistake is thinking that multi-platform game simply have the resolution bumped up. They don't. Most of them have PC-exclusive effects, better models, better textures, etc. Maybe on certain titles, like Darksiders 2, the main difference is going to be resolution, but a game like The Witcher 2 or Metro: Last Light? The difference between PC and Console is staggering.

I actually didn't think that they just had res, I just don't care about the res or any graphical effects that much res was a 3 letter thing so I bothered mentioning it but honestly framerate is the only thing I care about. A game just has to be presentable for me to enjoy it. Also planetside 2 is coming to ps4 and although mmos do often require high specs none of it is going to gameplay elements, it's going to graphics and less loading screens. Other games probably do answer my question still nothing I'm interested in unfortunately though, seems like there's very few.
---