This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#41MackorovPosted 9/17/2013 4:17:16 AM
Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Crysis: Warhead
Civilization V
Guild Wars 2
Medieval II: Total War
Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Rome 2
ARMA II
ARMA III
PlanetSide 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft 2
Anno 2070
Star Citizen

Probably forgetting a few others.

Obvious troll topic but I like lists so I'll add a few to that:

Trackmania 2
Hard Reset
the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
DOTA 2
War of the Roses
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
SMITE
Tribes: Ascend
Path of Exile
Tera
Orcs Must Die! 2
The Amnesia games
Mechwarior Online
Hawken
Star Conflict
Natural Selection 2
Aarklash: Legacy
Super Monday Night Combat
Rise of the Triad
Wings of Prey
Magicka
Rift
Company of Heroes 2
Firefall
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Sanctum
Legend of Grimrock
Killing Floor

You do know most the games listed are really not demanding at all, don't you?
Sanctum, Amnesia, Killing floor all run totally smooth already on a simple mid-end PC even with an integrated card and come on, Rise of Triads? Grimrock? All those are freaking classics that even a broken comp can play at max settings. Either way you've just gave much effort into naming down pretty much all the PC games there are that actually have decent mediocre graphics to come to your consideration.

Just face it people, what actual PC exclusives of AAA quality is there at all? NONE. All topics here that raises this issue ends up getting labelled troll topic because of angry butthurt fanboys like you.
I've been playing PC my whole life and I dont hesitate and reamin dogmatic over this. If I were to say PC gaming is by far the least played gaming platform, at least in comparison to home consoles, can anyone truly deny that?
#42SlaynPosted 9/17/2013 4:21:51 AM(edited)
It's a troll topic because there really is no point of the entire thread. So what if there were 5x the amount of games that required a better PC to run? Then what? Will that make anything better? Then people will just say PC is crap because it requires so much hardware and money.

PC titles have high requirements? PC is crap.
PC titles have loq requirements? PC is crap.

QQ, get off our PC board.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#43AllmatteredPosted 9/17/2013 4:26:03 AM
Slayn posted...
It's a troll topic because there really is no point of the entire thread. So what if there were 5x the amount of games that required a better PC to run? Then what? Will that make anything better? Then people will just say PC is crap because it requires so much hardware and money.

So PC doesnt require so much hardware and memory then?
---
Best Uppercut in the World: http://i.imgur.com/Dr45a.gif
#44SinisterSlayPosted 9/17/2013 6:03:06 AM
Mackorov posted...

Just face it people, what actual PC exclusives of AAA quality is there at all? NONE. All topics here that raises this issue ends up getting labelled troll topic because of angry butthurt fanboys like you.
I've been playing PC my whole life and I dont hesitate and reamin dogmatic over this. If I were to say PC gaming is by far the least played gaming platform, at least in comparison to home consoles, can anyone truly deny that?

How about X-Rebirth, that requires a pretty beefy PC.
---
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
#45stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 2:41:20 PM
Mackorov posted...
Sanctum, Amnesia, Killing floor all run totally smooth already on a simple mid-end PC even with an integrated card and come on, Rise of Triads? Grimrock? All those are freaking classics that even a broken comp can play at max settings. Either way you've just gave much effort into naming down pretty much all the PC games there are that actually have decent mediocre graphics to come to your consideration.

Yeah everyone seems to be yelling troll and people are listing a game and then it's sequel in the same list which just makes me not take them very seriously, I really doubt any game that is old enough to have a sequel really requires a gaming pc to play, unless the sequel was rushed and thus sucks...

People don't get that I want there to be awesome pc games that actually take advantage of the extra power but the few legitimate ones I have noticed are in genres I don't care about, which are fair for the point sure but not personally interesting and if they are only in 2 genres how are people claiming pc has the best exclusives? And I'm more convinced then ever that the most is either just because all pc games count as pc games forever there's no pc1 pc2 or anything or it's a bunch of indies games most of which are garbage like the istore which a few gems that end up on consoles half the time anyways.

Slayn posted...

Theoretically yes it would make things better because there would be 5 times the games that take advantage of pc specs (which are supposedly so much better) in gameplay so theoretically there would be a ton of amazing games. But in reality I'm not even really seeing any amazing games, the few games that do take advantage of specs in gameplay seem meh for the most part but that could just be my genre preference but that bring up the question of diversity in pc games aswell.

No people don't buy gaming pcs because they are so expensive they don't say it's crap (unless they are very immature) and I'm saying it's pointless to have a gaming pc because the devs created the game with much weaker hardware in mind so it's like what's the point of spending all that money? It's like having a race car never leave a school zone what's the point of the race car?
---
psn: Stalemate666
#46CloudZ1116Posted 9/17/2013 2:45:32 PM
TC do you enjoy flight sims? If you do, check out Freespace 2. The vanilla game was released in '99 so it's not too demanding, but with the latest fan made expansions your frame rate will definitely drop if you're running on an older CPU. Yes, the game is usually CPU, not GPU limited, though you'll also want a nicer GPU to get the most out of the open source graphics assets.
---
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W
#47OmegaDL50Posted 9/17/2013 3:02:38 PM(edited)
stalemate_666 posted...
Theoretically yes it would make things better because there would be 5 times the games that take advantage of pc specs (which are supposedly so much better) in gameplay so theoretically there would be a ton of amazing games. But in reality I'm not even really seeing any amazing games, the few games that do take advantage of specs in gameplay seem meh for the most part but that could just be my genre preference but that bring up the question of diversity in pc games aswell.

No people don't buy gaming pcs because they are so expensive they don't say it's crap (unless they are very immature) and I'm saying it's pointless to have a gaming pc because the devs created the game with much weaker hardware in mind so it's like what's the point of spending all that money? It's like having a race car never leave a school zone what's the point of the race car?

Implying the PC specifications of the game is supposed to match what the console versions specifications are run to. Of course I shouldn't NEED to tell you there is a difference between a closed highly optimized platform with no OS overhead or API's to get in the way of game (Console) over an open platform which there is never a singular optimized configuration due to hundreds of variations in terms of hardware in terms of CPU, GPU, and RAM used (PC)

Because of these lack of optimizations that emphasize on a single hardware set that consists of an identical CPU, GPU, RAM configuration (i.e all PS3's are same performance wise, All 360's are the same performance wise, There is no variation present. A game designed for a PS3 will run on ALL PS3's just the same for a 360 game will run on ALL 360's)

This doesn't happen on the PC and thus the same games on consoles re-released on PC generally have higher requirements in compensation due to lack of optimization because of a broader scope of hardware to deal with.

The point is this, There are PC exclusives and they exist regardless whether a user has a High end or low end PC, just the fact there are console exclusives that exist. Just because you dislike the genre of some of the games does NOT negate the existence of some of them needing higher end hardware.

To claim otherwise would be arguing for the sake of arguing and is pointless as semantics!
---
Intel i5 3570k | 8GB DDR3 | MSI TF3 HD7950 | PS2 | Xbox | PS3 | Wii U | PSP | DS
Gaming is about fun, not company loyalty or close minded platform worship
#48Giblet_EnjoyerPosted 9/17/2013 3:54:40 PM(edited)
Mackorov posted...
Giblet_Enjoyer posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Crysis: Warhead
Civilization V
Guild Wars 2
Medieval II: Total War
Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Rome 2
ARMA II
ARMA III
PlanetSide 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft 2
Anno 2070
Star Citizen

Probably forgetting a few others.

Obvious troll topic but I like lists so I'll add a few to that:

Trackmania 2
Hard Reset
the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games
DOTA 2
War of the Roses
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
SMITE
Tribes: Ascend
Path of Exile
Tera
Orcs Must Die! 2
The Amnesia games
Mechwarior Online
Hawken
Star Conflict
Natural Selection 2
Aarklash: Legacy
Super Monday Night Combat
Rise of the Triad
Wings of Prey
Magicka
Rift
Company of Heroes 2
Firefall
Warhammer 40K: Dawn of War 2
Divinity: Dragon Commander
Sanctum
Legend of Grimrock
Killing Floor

I guess it's a good thing the TC didn't ask for "demanding" games then. He asked what games require a gaming PC, and I listed him some. All of those games either requires or can easily benefit from having a PC which is a lot better than the average non-gaming PC. The first 3 Total War games that Snuckie listed are the only games between our two posts that might not fit that criteria (I haven't played them so I can't say).

You can just stop with the "I'm one of you!" charade btw. No one who claims that the PC doesn't get good games is one of us.

Oh and Grimrock and RoTT (the new one) came out within like the last two years so IDFK what you're on about there.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/katanaman444
Pccouchcoop.com http://www.co-optimus.com/system/4/pc.html
#49Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 3:49:54 PM
All the Total War games are quite demanding except for the original Rome, Shogun, and Medieval games.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#50PolarisPosted 9/17/2013 4:16:18 PM
Is a demanding game better than one that isn't?

If you're asking what kind of game requires a $5000 PC in order to run it, there aren't any. A PC of that caliber is a luxury item, not a commodity. Will a game look or play better on $5000 PC compared to one on console-equivalent hardware? I shouldn't even have to answer that question. Having the capability to scale performance up does not remove the capability to scale performance down.