This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#61UNSC_A98Posted 9/18/2013 4:28:56 PM
DOTA 2 is not demanding, my roommate runs it smoothly on max settings at 1080p with a 540m and i7 2670qm

Watching that while high on a 3d tv though... oh god he was out of his mind.
---
"**** that loser" -- Jay Wilson on the 20th of August, 2012.
The above post brought to you by the NSA. We're always watching you.
#62stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2013 9:06:56 PM
1618dude posted...
Or maybe because some people like KB/M controls (and they can still enjoy a controller if they want), mods, RTS, FPS and sims games... What exactly is your point? If you don't care about these things, what exactly do you want to hear? 60FPS and 1080p also happens, in my opinion, to offer a smooth gameplay experience, but, what do I know? Probably I'm just graphics whore that want to play console games on my pc.

Sigh... These topics are hopeless.

I want to hear you people point out up all these better and more exclusives you keep talking about on the other boards but it's became obvious that it's just lies and misinformation.

Combo Master posted...
Resolution changes old games a HUGE amount. It is an eye soar to play last gen games ps2 and gamecube on an hdtv upscaled or a 4:3 crappy sdtv. If you can get pcsx2 and dolphin to run games at 1080p looking and running good it is like a whole new game you are playing and a much better experience.

I have no problem playing a good ps2 game, or ps1/n64/genesis/dreamcast/snes game for that matter. It's not a whole new game or experience it's the exact same game and same experience it's looks a little better sure but it plays the exact same.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#631618dudePosted 9/18/2013 9:20:07 PM
Ok then. Use your new high end pc for whatever other purpose you might have. I don't see the point of anyone trying to convince you of anything. Some people here gave their reasons why having a gaming pc would be good and you either did not like it or decided to ignore it.

If your prefer console gaming so much and care little for the pc advantages, I suggest you to stop wasting everyone's time (and your own time for that matter) with this horrible, horrible topic. Enjoy your console. There a bunch of people that prefer pc gaming for god know how many reasons and if you are really that, err... stubborn to be unable to acknowledge any of them... well... you got to admit, this was all a waste of time.

-give me some reasons why pc gaming is good!

-there you are! here are some reasons!

-I didn't like any of those reasons! pc gaming must suck and every pc gamer is probably lying about any of those advantages!
#64JavelinPosted 9/18/2013 9:24:22 PM
1618dude posted...

-I didn't like any of those reasons! pc gaming must suck and every pc gamer is probably lying about any of those advantages!

You know it's pointless to reply seriously to any of these Peasant Reassurance Topics, right?
---
MSI Z77A-GD55 | Intel Core i7-3770K | Kingston HyperX 8GB | EVGA GeForce GTX 680 4GB
#65wdfosterPosted 9/18/2013 9:51:26 PM
Boge posted...
To be honest, I don't think there is a PC exclusive that I enjoy playing that requires a high end machine. I like having a high end machine because 720p@20fps just doesn't cut it for me. A PC is the ONLY place where I can have it better.

This man pretty much hit it on the head.

The same game peasants are playing with no jaggies at 1080p and 60+ fps is worth being a PC gamer alone.

Exclusives are for fanboys really. Halo? Used to be good. What is it now? God of War? See Halo. Zelda? See Halo. Resistance? See Halo. Crackdown? See Halo. Mario? Meh Mario is OK. Killzone? Was Killzone ever good? I have honestly never played it.

I think the only exclusive powerhouse is any game made by Naughtydog.

Most great games, however, are multiplatform. And for people who want the best possible experience, they get it on PC.
---
Steam ID - Madmartigan
#66Flaktrooper123Posted 9/18/2013 9:53:25 PM
Freespace 2. Allright, the original game is old, but with all the upgrades and user made campaigns, it is awesome.
#67EpicKingdom_Posted 9/18/2013 9:56:02 PM
Arma III ?
---
3570k w/ 212 Evo | Z77 Extreme 4 | Sapphire 7850 2GB OC | 8GB Vengeance | XFX PRO650w CE | 1TB Black WD | Fractal Design Define R4 | 3840x1080 | Logitech Z623.
#68josh_bPosted 9/18/2013 10:05:13 PM
PC Exclusives.... pretty much every MMO on the planet plus several games that are ill-suited for consoles... mainly RTS FPS and any game that requires precision. While there are many series released on consoles I wish were released on pc I own most consoles when they come out to so that's not a problem.

People don't understand that pc gaming isn't about the exclusives. it's about getting better performance with better controls that truly let you experience the game as it was meant to be... Also we are not subject the massive amount of handholding that console gamers go thru.

Like I said yes I have a 360 and ps3 and have preordered a ps4 as their are games on those systems that I enjoy playing but if that game is released on pc as well then im getting that version.

Why do pc gamers have such big heads when it comes to their systems? Mainly because they spent a lot of money on it and have customized it to their liking. It becomes a very personal experience after the amount of time we have spent with our systems. Something you don't find on consoles since your shoehorned in with the same hardware and it's up to the developers and console makers that decide what you can do with it.

So legitimate Gaming pc necessary for your gaming needs? No not at all but having a Gaming pc makes the experience vastly superior.
---
i5 2500k 4.5GHZ OC, 32GB DDR3, Galaxy GTX670 4GB SLI, MSI P67A-GD55 Mobo, 128GB SSD, Barracuda Green 1.5TB HDD
Xbox live: tanis8585
#69OmegaDL50Posted 9/18/2013 10:21:07 PM
1618dude posted...

Summarizes the entire topic.

THE END
---
Intel i5 3570k | 8GB DDR3 | MSI TF3 HD7950 | PS2 | Xbox | PS3 | Wii U | PSP | DS
Gaming is about fun, not company loyalty or close minded platform worship
#70ciraMegaSPosted 9/19/2013 4:50:30 AM(edited)
stalemate_666 posted...
1618dude posted...
Or maybe because some people like KB/M controls (and they can still enjoy a controller if they want), mods, RTS, FPS and sims games... What exactly is your point? If you don't care about these things, what exactly do you want to hear? 60FPS and 1080p also happens, in my opinion, to offer a smooth gameplay experience, but, what do I know? Probably I'm just graphics whore that want to play console games on my pc.

Sigh... These topics are hopeless.

I want to hear you people point out up all these better and more exclusives you keep talking about on the other boards but it's became obvious that it's just lies and misinformation.

People gave you lists of exlusives already. Whether this exclusive are better or not is a matter of opinion. If they are not your cup of tea, and stop whining and deal with it. Please go back to the Non Stop gamging board where you belong troll.
---
Black