This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#71stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 3:27:27 PM
1618dude posted...
Ok then. Use your new high end pc for whatever other purpose you might have. I don't see the point of anyone trying to convince you of anything. Some people here gave their reasons why having a gaming pc would be good and you either did not like it or decided to ignore it.

If your prefer console gaming so much and care little for the pc advantages, I suggest you to stop wasting everyone's time (and your own time for that matter) with this horrible, horrible topic. Enjoy your console. There a bunch of people that prefer pc gaming for god know how many reasons and if you are really that, err... stubborn to be unable to acknowledge any of them... well... you got to admit, this was all a waste of time.

-give me some reasons why pc gaming is good!

-there you are! here are some reasons!

-I didn't like any of those reasons! pc gaming must suck and every pc gamer is probably lying about any of those advantages!

I didn't ask for why pc gaming is good I asked for pc exclusives that actually took advantage of the better specs in gameplay elements, and so far civ 5 is really the only confirmed one.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#72Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/19/2013 3:38:29 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
1618dude posted...
Ok then. Use your new high end pc for whatever other purpose you might have. I don't see the point of anyone trying to convince you of anything. Some people here gave their reasons why having a gaming pc would be good and you either did not like it or decided to ignore it.

If your prefer console gaming so much and care little for the pc advantages, I suggest you to stop wasting everyone's time (and your own time for that matter) with this horrible, horrible topic. Enjoy your console. There a bunch of people that prefer pc gaming for god know how many reasons and if you are really that, err... stubborn to be unable to acknowledge any of them... well... you got to admit, this was all a waste of time.

-I didn't like any of those reasons! pc gaming must suck and every pc gamer is probably lying about any of those advantages!

I didn't ask for why pc gaming is good I asked for pc exclusives that actually took advantage of the better specs in gameplay elements, and so far civ 5 is really the only confirmed one.

No, it's the only one you've decided is confirmed.

There is a substantial difference.

What about all the Total War games? Wheres the console version of Starcraft 2? People have listed a ton of exclusive titles, we've mentioned the insane mod support which can completely change a game from it's original form, and you keep saying, "well I don't like that" or "but those aren't AAA games."

If you want anyone to believe you're anything but a troll, go through that list that's been posted many times in this topic, and explain why each one doesn't fit your criteria.

Now, I know you won't do this, because you're a troll, but I'd really like to see you try to justify away all those games.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#73stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2013 9:44:48 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
1618dude posted...

No, it's the only one you've decided is confirmed.

There is a substantial difference.

What about all the Total War games? Wheres the console version of Starcraft 2? People have listed a ton of exclusive titles, we've mentioned the insane mod support which can completely change a game from it's original form, and you keep saying, "well I don't like that" or "but those aren't AAA games."

If you want anyone to believe you're anything but a troll, go through that list that's been posted many times in this topic, and explain why each one doesn't fit your criteria.

Now, I know you won't do this, because you're a troll, but I'd really like to see you try to justify away all those games.

have too much of life for that, sorry. Make a list where there isn't a game I can automatically refute and thus ignore the rest of the list in interest of saving time and if I find time I'll go through that one.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#74DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2013 9:56:02 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
This is dumb. Why would I ever play a game on a console and be forced to deal with awful resolutions and graphics if I could play a better version on my PC.

TC, why don't you list some console games that play at a steady 60FPS at 1080p? You can't, because they don't exist. If I make the benchmark for "requiring" a gaming PC 60FPS at 1080p, every single "AAA" title "requires" a gaming PC.

I care about gameplay not resolution, I don't get why people make such a big deal over resolution it doesn't change the game one bit and since pc has so much less retail sku games the only reason to have a gaming pc is if you want to play console games and are a graphics whore.

If you cared about gameplay, you wouldn't get a console, where everything runs like crap with unintuitive controls and terrible draw distance.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#75xanthan1Posted 9/19/2013 10:01:13 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
This is dumb. Why would I ever play a game on a console and be forced to deal with awful resolutions and graphics if I could play a better version on my PC.

TC, why don't you list some console games that play at a steady 60FPS at 1080p? You can't, because they don't exist. If I make the benchmark for "requiring" a gaming PC 60FPS at 1080p, every single "AAA" title "requires" a gaming PC.

I care about gameplay not resolution, I don't get why people make such a big deal over resolution it doesn't change the game one bit and since pc has so much less retail sku games the only reason to have a gaming pc is if you want to play console games and are a graphics whore.

If you cared about gameplay, you wouldn't get a console, where everything runs like crap with unintuitive controls and terrible draw distance.

Or he wanted to play platformers where a the controller is better then a mouse and keyboard. Or any of the types of games where what you mentioned don't apply.

Not every game is magically better just by being on PC.
#76Last Grand MageX2Posted 9/19/2013 10:10:26 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

Or he wanted to play platformers where a the controller is better then a mouse and keyboard. Or any of the types of games where what you mentioned don't apply.

Yup, because it's impossible to use a controller with the computer. Sorry, forgive me, how could I ever doubt the superiority of consoles. It's not like I could use different types of controllers, or that many games could actually have full controller support on the PC.

Seriously though, go actually compare the PC versions of most AAA titles to their console counterparts and tell me how many times the console version is better. Don't worry, it'll be a short list, so it won't take long.
---
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch
#771618dudePosted 9/19/2013 10:16:24 PM
stalemate_666, don't be so stale. Go seek yourself your list.
#78xanthan1Posted 9/19/2013 10:17:19 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

Yup, because it's impossible to use a controller with the computer. Sorry, forgive me, how could I ever doubt the superiority of consoles. It's not like I could use different types of controllers, or that many games could actually have full controller support on the PC.

Seriously though, go actually compare the PC versions of most AAA titles to their console counterparts and tell me how many times the console version is better. Don't worry, it'll be a short list, so it won't take long.

The point, which you totally missed, was that being on a PC doesn't make it better, some games work about as well on one or the other, and some games work better with a controller. Being on PC usually means it's better, but it is not always true, and some games work better with the control scheme people associate with consoles.

Also I have a question for the people in this thread, why is it when asked for games that push what a rig could do you suggest old games? Did you guys just not read what he was asking?
#79DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/19/2013 10:22:52 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

The controller isn't better, though.(and is available on PC with far more and better options)
And neither is the console experience. I mean, if you want 90% of your software to run between 20 and 30fps at best, that's your thing, but it sure as hell isn't conductive to playing the game.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#80xanthan1Posted 9/19/2013 10:27:48 PM
DarkZV2Beta posted...
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

The controller isn't better, though.(and is available on PC with far more and better options)
And neither is the console experience. I mean, if you want 90% of your software to run between 20 and 30fps at best, that's your thing, but it sure as hell isn't conductive to playing the game.

The controller is better at certain things, seriously, tell me a platformer like Super Meat Boy is better with a mouse and keyboard. A mouse is better for precision aiming, like in a shooter, a joy stick is better things like precision jumping and such.

Also some console games have run at 60 FPS dude, granted they usually have worse textures or other graphically downfalls.

PS. unintuitive controls is a cop out complaint, it can just as easily come up in a PC game and you know it.