This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#81Mangorush-VPosted 9/19/2013 9:29:55 PM
Xanthan, you're just wasting your time replying to a troll, he'll just continue on rambling things and slowly changes the subject to find a subject he can win in and claims he won, he does that a lot on the PS4 board but never actually got away with it because he went up against those who actually has a brain than him.
---
XBL: Mangorush V
PSN: Mangorush-V
#821618dudePosted 9/19/2013 9:49:49 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Also I have a question for the people in this thread, why is it when asked for games that push what a rig could do you suggest old games? Did you guys just not read what he was asking?

He ignored pretty much everyone and just said "I don't like that", "I don't care about this", "this is not what I want"... I think everyone just got tired. But, yeah... Assuming that happened (to lazy to check), you still do have a point, I guess.

Oh, what the hell... I usually don't pay much attention if it's an exclusive or not, but I guess I can list some here. I think he will just say the same bs to some of the games I'll mention here, but I'll try anyway...

-Shadow Warrior (the new one btw)
-The Witcher 1 and 2
-Hard Reset
-Supreme Commander
-Amnesia/Amnesia a machine for pigs
-Some random MMRPG
-STALKER
-X Rebirth

There are probably more. These are just some games from the top of my head that I am/was either playing or waiting for the release. I know that some of these games are not exclusives, but a good pc will, imo, make the experience better (when it doesn't?). He may not care about mods (it doesn't seem like he ever used one though...), but a good pc, in many cases, will be necessary to use a few of them.

Anyway, if he's so interested, he can search himself. He knows more about what he wants than anyone here.
#831618dudePosted 9/19/2013 9:56:11 PM
Mangorush-V posted...
Xanthan, you're just wasting your time replying to a troll, he'll just continue on rambling things and slowly changes the subject to find a subject he can win in and claims he won, he does that a lot on the PS4 board but never actually got away with it because he went up against those who actually has a brain than him.

Mangorush-V, man... Be creative! You are using the hypocrite trolling attempts without even trying! When it's clear that you do the same thing that the one you accused does (not saying that he actually did that btw), it kinda makes the trolling, err... less funny. At least in my opinion. Make us laugh with some good trolling. This is not the best you can do... I believe in you, man! I know you will succeed.
#84ThePonyColliePosted 9/20/2013 12:32:45 AM
http://images.lazygamer.net/2012/12/UTBPj.jpg
---
Lord Erieos is definitely coming...
#85Flaktrooper123Posted 9/20/2013 12:44:42 AM
- Just about any MMORPG, console controllers just don't have that many buttons
- Jagged Alliance 2 (with 1.13)
- Freespace 2 (with FSO upgrade)
- Warzone 2100 (Now Freeware!)
#86petran78Posted 9/20/2013 1:01:12 AM
Boge posted...
To be honest, I don't think there is a PC exclusive that I enjoy playing that requires a high end machine. I like having a high end machine because 720p@20fps just doesn't cut it for me. A PC is the ONLY place where I can have it better.

Project Cars can run at 4k native resolution, but it requires 3 Nvidia Titan GPU.......

also if you add a special multi-monitor and wheek set-up, we're crossing 10.000 $
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#87TheWayOfTheGunPosted 9/20/2013 7:34:29 AM(edited)
Snuckie7 posted...
Crysis: Warhead
Civilization V
Guild Wars 2
Medieval II: Total War
Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Rome 2
ARMA II
ARMA III
PlanetSide 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft 2
Anno 2070
Star Citizen

Probably forgetting a few others.

And now I know why I could never be a PC only gamer. That list is so sad. PC exclusives in general are joke. Thank heavens more more titles are becoming multi platform.
#88petran78Posted 9/20/2013 7:37:51 AM
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
Crysis: Warhead
Civilization V
Guild Wars 2
Medieval II: Total War
Empire: Total War
Napolean: Total War
Total War: Shogun 2
Total War: Rome 2
ARMA II
ARMA III
PlanetSide 2
Sins of a Solar Empire
Starcraft 2
Anno 2070
Star Citizen

Probably forgetting a few others.

And now I know why I could never be a PC only gamer. That list is so sad. PC exclusives in general are joke. Thank heavens more more titles are becoming multi platform.

those games are for players over their 20s, if not 30s....
---
Q.You want so see some other stuff? What Console? A.Console? Q.What platform? A.Uh, Moral Turpitude?
Q.PC it is, then.
#89stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2013 3:22:55 PM
Last Grand MageX2 posted...
Yup, because it's impossible to use a controller with the computer. Sorry, forgive me, how could I ever doubt the superiority of consoles. It's not like I could use different types of controllers, or that many games could actually have full controller support on the PC.

Seriously though, go actually compare the PC versions of most AAA titles to their console counterparts and tell me how many times the console version is better. Don't worry, it'll be a short list, so it won't take long.

It's over half if you count games which aren't on pc, which I do.

xanthan1 posted...
Also I have a question for the people in this thread, why is it when asked for games that push what a rig could do you suggest old games? Did you guys just not read what he was asking?

I'm wondering that myself

1618dude posted...
He ignored pretty much everyone and just said "I don't like that", "I don't care about this", "this is not what I want"... I think everyone just got tired. But, yeah... Assuming that happened (to lazy to check), you still do have a point, I guess.

Oh, what the hell... I usually don't pay much attention if it's an exclusive or not, but I guess I can list some here. I think he will just say the same bs to some of the games I'll mention here, but I'll try anyway...

-Shadow Warrior (the new one btw)
-The Witcher 1 and 2
-Hard Reset
-Supreme Commander
-Amnesia/Amnesia a machine for pigs
-Some random MMRPG
-STALKER
-X Rebirth

There are probably more. These are just some games from the top of my head that I am/was either playing or waiting for the release. I know that some of these games are not exclusives, but a good pc will, imo, make the experience better (when it doesn't?). He may not care about mods (it doesn't seem like he ever used one though...), but a good pc, in many cases, will be necessary to use a few of them.

Anyway, if he's so interested, he can search himself. He knows more about what he wants than anyone here.

Another list ignored because the guy put in a game and it's sequel (when the third one is coming out and to consoles I think too... I know something witcher is on or coming to consoles) I'm ignoring the rest of the list because you clearly don't know what I'm asking so there's no point in going through it. Also fyi I did look I found pretty much nothing but you people kept insisting pc had so many great exclusives that do things consoles games never could so I thought I'd ask.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#90xanthan1Posted 9/20/2013 4:18:40 PM
GTA4 with the right mods.

Skyrim with mods.

I think Arma 3.

Metro Last Light, not sure.

Also, despite what you think some slightly older games can be a bit resource intensive if they were designed to push what a system could do when they came out, things like the Witcher and Crysis games. Or they have mods that involve textures of a much higher resolution or introduce advanced shaders. A properly GTA4 or Skyrim looks absolutely beautiful but will kick the ass of lesser systems.

Witcher 2 with whatever Ubersampling is. I think it was something like *4 SSAA or something.