This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Which pc exclusives actually require a legitimate gaming pc?

#911618dudePosted 9/20/2013 5:45:53 PM
I don't see a lot of people talking about pc exclusives (but I don't usually check the game boards too much though). I enjoy then, but I mostly play on PC for better graphics, mods, KB/M controls... I think a good bunch of PC users play on pc for the same reasons and, when there's a good pc exclusive to play, some will probably talk about. Honestly, this whole topic you created was horrible and you acted very poorly with everyone here. It seems that even you don't know what you're asking.

"I'll ignore this", "I didn't like that", "I don't care about this"...

If you don't care for the exclusives mentioned, why are even wasting time here? If you are just trolling, go find something better to do, like play some of your console games, and if you aren't, go do something better too. If you'll really have a high end PC, you could check this things yourself, but nope! Let's make a stupid topic and annoy everyone. I don't know... It's not like you could use this "supposed PC" to check some of the tips that some people gave you.

Sigh... I feel silly for wasting time here. I'll try to avoid topics like these from now on.
#92DarkZV2BetaPosted 9/20/2013 6:10:42 PM
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
xanthan1 posted...
DarkZV2Beta posted...
stalemate_666 posted...

I care about gameplay not resolution, I don't get why people make such a big deal over resolution it doesn't change the game one bit and since pc has so much less retail sku games the only reason to have a gaming pc is if you want to play console games and are a graphics whore.

If you cared about gameplay, you wouldn't get a console, where everything runs like crap with unintuitive controls and terrible draw distance.

Or he wanted to play platformers where a the controller is better then a mouse and keyboard. Or any of the types of games where what you mentioned don't apply.

Not every game is magically better just by being on PC.

The controller isn't better, though.(and is available on PC with far more and better options)
And neither is the console experience. I mean, if you want 90% of your software to run between 20 and 30fps at best, that's your thing, but it sure as hell isn't conductive to playing the game.

The controller is better at certain things, seriously, tell me a platformer like Super Meat Boy is better with a mouse and keyboard. A mouse is better for precision aiming, like in a shooter, a joy stick is better things like precision jumping and such.

Also some console games have run at 60 FPS dude, granted they usually have worse textures or other graphically downfalls.

PS. unintuitive controls is a cop out complaint, it can just as easily come up in a PC game and you know it.

All fully digital platformers are better with a full n-key rollover mechanical keyboard. Period.
---
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
#93Teufel_xPosted 9/20/2013 6:35:41 PM
world of warcraft requires you to have a decent processor and graphics card for ultra. (even then sh**ty framerates from unoptimizations..)
---
Playin Oldschool games for your enjoyment :)
MAG - 4X VET, PSN ID: Teufel9000 add me for Games!
#94TheMadTokerPosted 9/21/2013 1:48:34 AM
posting in troll topiX
---
Steam: TheMadToker420 - Origin: TheMadToker
http://www.mektek.net/forums/forum/30-mechwarrior4-free-release/ <---Mechwarrior 4: Mercs, for free!
#95stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 8:05:46 PM
xanthan1 posted...
GTA4 with the right mods.

Skyrim with mods.

I think Arma 3.

Metro Last Light, not sure.

Also, despite what you think some slightly older games can be a bit resource intensive if they were designed to push what a system could do when they came out, things like the Witcher and Crysis games. Or they have mods that involve textures of a much higher resolution or introduce advanced shaders. A properly GTA4 or Skyrim looks absolutely beautiful but will kick the ass of lesser systems.

Witcher 2 with whatever Ubersampling is. I think it was something like *4 SSAA or something.

I'm pretty sure only one of those games is exclusive to pc so how the hell can the gameplay be pushed beyond what a console is capable of, more BS I'm ignoring.

1618dude posted...
I don't see a lot of people talking about pc exclusives (but I don't usually check the game boards too much though). I enjoy then, but I mostly play on PC for better graphics, mods, KB/M controls... I think a good bunch of PC users play on pc for the same reasons and, when there's a good pc exclusive to play, some will probably talk about. Honestly, this whole topic you created was horrible and you acted very poorly with everyone here. It seems that even you don't know what you're asking.

"I'll ignore this", "I didn't like that", "I don't care about this"...

If you don't care for the exclusives mentioned, why are even wasting time here? If you are just trolling, go find something better to do, like play some of your console games, and if you aren't, go do something better too. If you'll really have a high end PC, you could check this things yourself, but nope! Let's make a stupid topic and annoy everyone. I don't know... It's not like you could use this "supposed PC" to check some of the tips that some people gave you.

Sigh... I feel silly for wasting time here. I'll try to avoid topics like these from now on.

I told you I already checked it out for myself and found nothing. So is that the answer there really isn't a pc exclusive worth a damn that requires a gaming pc because that seems to be the consensus aside from listing games that aren't what I'm asking and I honestly don't see how someone could be unable to understand what I'm asking so either everyone here isn't very good at reading comprehension or you are just trying to pad lists to make it looks like there is something when there really isn't and the ones on other boards are just plain lying.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#96xanthan1Posted 9/22/2013 8:09:06 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#97stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2013 10:41:54 PM
xanthan1 posted...
I was talking about graphics you idiot.

Why? I asked about gameplay from the start and said I don't care about slightly better graphics do you lack reading comprehension?
---
#98xanthan1Posted 9/23/2013 5:14:15 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
xanthan1 posted...
I was talking about graphics you idiot.

Why? I asked about gameplay from the start and said I don't care about slightly better graphics do you lack reading comprehension?

Because there is no gameplay that requires a gaming PC unless it relies on a number of graphical effects. Punching a dude will take the same amount of processing power on your PC as your console. Your question is stupid. A game will play the same on any computer that can run it, the only difference is the graphics. I'm sorry you never learned some of the most basic crap about computers.

PS, that's an even better reason NOT to ignore people mentioning multiple games in a series, for all you know they could push it in different ways or later games might dumb certain things down.
#99stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2013 4:01:38 PM
xanthan1 posted...
Because there is no gameplay that requires a gaming PC unless it relies on a number of graphical effects. Punching a dude will take the same amount of processing power on your PC as your console. Your question is stupid. A game will play the same on any computer that can run it, the only difference is the graphics. I'm sorry you never learned some of the most basic crap about computers.

PS, that's an even better reason NOT to ignore people mentioning multiple games in a series, for all you know they could push it in different ways or later games might dumb certain things down.

That's why I'm asking for exclusives genus. Games where the required processing power to play the game is beyond a consoles capabilities. Thanks for answering my question though that there is no such thing and the only reason to have a gaming pc is if you are a graphics whore as extra processing power is never used for gameplay purposes. Also you answered my other question you do lack reading comprehension.
---