This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help installing windows 8 via flash drive

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help installing windows 8 via flash drive
3 years ago#1
I attempted to download the enterprise trial windows 8, got everything working my question is it downloaded as an ISO file but after the download was completed I tried to run the Windows 7 USB Dvd Tool and it couldn't recognize it as an .iso, (it says it's BD-ROM) so can I just redownload the file onto my USB and give it boot priority in my new pc, would that allow me to install through my usb?
3 years ago#2
There should be a Windows 8 USB tool out there somewhere.
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
3 years ago#3
Bump, I found the windows 8 usb tool but every time i redownload the file it still comes up as a BD-ROM so it wont get recognized as a .iso. I tried deleting all my virtual mounts thinking they were changing the format after it downloaded to no avail. Does anyone know if i can just place the bd-rom on my usb, if i did that would it automatically boot it upon start up or no?
3 years ago#4
Why are you getting the enterprise version?
(English is not my first language, Swedish is. So respect typos)
3 years ago#5
This is what you deserve for skimping on a 15 dollar DVD drive.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
3 years ago#6
greenyoshi46 posted...
Why are you getting the enterprise version?
\(._.)/ Kanakiri posted...
._.)/ I think you broke Lootman guys
3 years ago#7
Is the file extension .iso?
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q
3 years ago#8
http://rufus.akeo.ie/
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.
3 years ago#9
if you are installing it in UEFI mode just format the flash drive with FAT32 and dump the iso files in there, nothing else is necessary
"Beyond The Beaten Path Lies The Absolute End. It Matters Not Who You Are, Death Awaits You." Nyx Avatar
3 years ago#10
Getting enterprise for the free 3 month trial. I didn't skimp on a cd drive I just don't have a computer to burn it. Thanks Chetyre! Works!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help installing windows 8 via flash drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived