This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why have ram prices gone up?

#11NicodimusPosted 9/16/2013 8:35:45 PM
aak57 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Some of the manufacturing plants that produce most of the world's RAM were destroyed recently. Don't have a link to the article, but it was legit.

That actually turned out to be much less awful than they thought and didn't actually affect much. And it was 15%, not most. >_>

I didn't say that most of the plants were destroyed. I said that some of them were.
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#12Knight2520Posted 9/16/2013 9:04:33 PM
Nicodimus posted...
aak57 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Some of the manufacturing plants that produce most of the world's RAM were destroyed recently. Don't have a link to the article, but it was legit.

That actually turned out to be much less awful than they thought and didn't actually affect much. And it was 15%, not most. >_>

I didn't say that most of the plants were destroyed. I said that some of them were.

Either way, your sentence was so misleading it was worthy of being in a sensationalist article.
---
can u even count 30 in 1 second? no, u can't. so u can't tell difference between 30fps and 60fps. stupid. -Shinobier-
#13steveboblarryPosted 9/16/2013 9:05:35 PM
I blame blue meth..........HEISENBERG!!!!!!!!
---
Drake the type of dude to call the cops because a girl stole his virginity.
#14NicodimusPosted 9/16/2013 9:18:35 PM
Knight2520 posted...
Nicodimus posted...
aak57 posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Either way, your sentence was so misleading it was worthy of being in a sensationalist article.

How is it misleading? It's absolutely true. 'Some' is not synonymous with 'most.'
---
Intel i5 4670k | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64
#15AcquirePosted 9/16/2013 9:36:04 PM
Because ddr4 is right around the corner.
---
And if you hear as the warm night falls. The silver sound from a time so strange. Sing to me, sing to me.
#16aak57Posted 9/17/2013 4:48:10 AM(edited)
Nicodimus posted...
How is it misleading? It's absolutely true. 'Some' is not synonymous with 'most.'

Well, when you say that "some of most of something" is gone, the first thing you'd think is not "up to 10% of something."
---
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.