This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTAV couldnt come quick enough to pc

#41Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 7:47:50 PM
king_madden posted...
redrum187 posted...
shinstrike posted...
just buy a PS3 or 360 and play it. you spent all that money on your PC right? PS360 is very inexpensive in comparison, no reason you cant buy

buying a console for one game is foolish especially since gta:v will most likely come to pc unless someone wants to play other console exclusives.

it has no reason to come to pc.

calling it now, GTA V will never be released by rockstar on pc. id be shocked if you got any more.

Pretty poor call, considering the PC version has already been "leaked" numerous times.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#42king_maddenPosted 9/17/2013 7:51:53 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
king_madden posted...
redrum187 posted...
shinstrike posted...
just buy a PS3 or 360 and play it. you spent all that money on your PC right? PS360 is very inexpensive in comparison, no reason you cant buy

buying a console for one game is foolish especially since gta:v will most likely come to pc unless someone wants to play other console exclusives.

it has no reason to come to pc.

calling it now, GTA V will never be released by rockstar on pc. id be shocked if you got any more.

Pretty poor call, considering the PC version has already been "leaked" numerous times.

by confirmed sources? you would think with so many "leaks" there would be some kind of solid info somewhere.

yet all we continue to get are leaks, rumors, and what not. well i should just ask, did rockstar say it was coming?

its not like they would be gaining so much money from the pc crowd, didnt like less than 1 mil, buy gta 4 back in 2008? what would be the urge to make one for pc now?
#43Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 7:55:54 PM
king_madden posted...
by confirmed sources? you would think with so many "leaks" there would be some kind of solid info somewhere.

yet all we continue to get are leaks, rumors, and what not. well i should just ask, did rockstar say it was coming?

its not like they would be gaining so much money from the pc crowd, didnt like less than 1 mil, buy gta 4 back in 2008? what would be the urge to make one for pc now?

Why would Rockstar want to confirm the PC version officially when they could be selling console copies now, and PC copies later?

Oh, and nobody really knows how many copies GTA IV sold on PC, unless they worked at Valve.
---
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W
#44king_maddenPosted 9/17/2013 8:02:17 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
king_madden posted...

Why would Rockstar want to confirm the PC version officially when they could be selling console copies now, and PC copies later?

Oh, and nobody really knows how many copies GTA IV sold on PC, unless they worked at Valve.

you would think it wouldnt be hard to get sales numbers, but i suppose. why wouldnt rockstar confirm a release? sales are sales correct? its not like it would stop selling all of a sudden. not to mention this wouldnt be the first time they were doing this, so do you really think it would be a surprise to anyone? I mean its been leaked so much why not confirm it?

even if they announced it at the same time, they would still get console versions sold now, and pc sold later. pc gamers would love to wait for a "better" version, console gamers would love to get their version. you're acting like announcing it would cause them to lose millions of overall sales, when it wouldnt.
#45Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 8:06:54 PM
king_madden posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
king_madden posted...

you would think it wouldnt be hard to get sales numbers, but i suppose. why wouldnt rockstar confirm a release? sales are sales correct? its not like it would stop selling all of a sudden. not to mention this wouldnt be the first time they were doing this, so do you really think it would be a surprise to anyone? I mean its been leaked so much why not confirm it?

even if they announced it at the same time, they would still get console versions sold now, and pc sold later. pc gamers would love to wait for a "better" version, console gamers would love to get their version. you're acting like announcing it would cause them to lose millions of overall sales, when it wouldnt.

Precisely, if Rockstar doesn't confirm, a good number of those PC gamers would not wait, and just buy the console version instead. When the superior PC version releases, those PC gamers will buy the game again.

And you know what kind of people would be surprised if GTA V followed the trend? I'm talking to one of them right now.
---
#46king_maddenPosted 9/17/2013 8:14:56 PM
Snuckie7 posted...
king_madden posted...
Snuckie7 posted...
king_madden posted...

Precisely, if Rockstar doesn't confirm, a good number of those PC gamers would not wait, and just buy the console version instead. When the superior PC version releases, those PC gamers will buy the game again.

And you know what kind of people would be surprised if GTA V followed the trend? I'm talking to one of them right now.

so they would rather port over a version in hopes that most of their pc fans will just "buy the game again", assuming they even have the console to begin with, rather than just tell them the pc game is coming and having ALL of them buy the game?

its not really a "trend" though, is it? serious question here, since the reported poor reception of gta 4 on pc back in 2008 were the other full rockstar games that came out after that ported to pc? if there were any of course
#47Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 8:21:38 PM
king_madden posted...
Snuckie7 posted...

so they would rather port over a version in hopes that most of their pc fans will just "buy the game again", assuming they even have the console to begin with, rather than just tell them the pc game is coming and having ALL of them buy the game?

What don't you understand about PC gamers not buying the console version if there's an official announcement?

its not really a "trend" though, is it? serious question here, since the reported poor reception of gta 4 on pc back in 2008 were the other full rockstar games that came out after that ported to pc? if there were any of course

How is every main GTA game being on PC not a trend?
---
#48king_maddenPosted 9/17/2013 8:26:40 PM
so you assume every pc gamer has a console? you assume every pc gamer will want to buy the exact same game months to a year later mainly for "prettier" graphics? I guess gamers can be sheep. heck gta 4 wasnt even a good port on pc.

because its been 5 years, the last big game from rockstar wasnt on pc at all, and you saying oh its a trend just because it happened years ago doesnt mean anything. I guess if companies have a trend going then that means it can never change and it will always be that way.

do you have any links that dispute how poorly gta 4 sold on pc, all i find are sad stories about it. im just saying if its true it didnt sell all that great, then what would be the purpose of them porting it at all? its not like they love their pc fans, if they did they wouldve gave you a better gta 4 port.
#49Snuckie7Posted 9/17/2013 8:35:27 PM
Most PC gamers do have multiple consoles, and it's certainly worth buying the game again for better framerate, resolution, textures, draw distance, traffic density, mods etc., (lots of these things affect the actual gameplay).

"The last big game from Rockstar"
You mean Max Payne 3, which was an excellent port?

Valve doesn't release their sales figures, so it's really pointless trying to make an argument about how well or how poorly GTA IV sold.
---
#50overkillwfo1978Posted 9/17/2013 8:48:08 PM(edited)
king_madden posted...
so you assume every pc gamer has a console? you assume every pc gamer will want to buy the exact same game months to a year later mainly for "prettier" graphics? I guess gamers can be sheep. heck gta 4 wasnt even a good port on pc.

because its been 5 years, the last big game from rockstar wasnt on pc at all, and you saying oh its a trend just because it happened years ago doesnt mean anything. I guess if companies have a trend going then that means it can never change and it will always be that way.

do you have any links that dispute how poorly gta 4 sold on pc, all i find are sad stories about it. im just saying if its true it didnt sell all that great, then what would be the purpose of them porting it at all? its not like they love their pc fans, if they did they wouldve gave you a better gta 4 port.

Why does every PC gamer need a console? Even if only 50-60% do, that is still a TON of double sales. What part don't you get about R* wanting to make as much money off of multiple sales as they can get?

GTA 4 on PC wasn't a perfect port by any means, but if you have a halfway decent machine it is 1000X better than the laughable mud/jaggy-fest that was the terrible console version. PC gamers want the best... and for GTA 4, PC... as always, was the best version.

Where are your numbers about GTA 4 PC sales? Valve/Steam are a MAJOR % of most pc game sales. They don't release sales numbers. Everyone that I know that owns GTA 4 on PC, owns it on Steam. Since they don't release sales numbers, how do you know how low or high they are?

... and once again. GTA 4 on PC was WAY better than the horrible console versions... and yes, it is sub-par by PC standards, because we hold a much higher quality and performance expectation than you console only people (I almost used the other "p" word there.., lol).
---
"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten" -George Carlin