This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gabe Newell teases Steam Box news...NEXT WEEK

#1zerooo0Posted 9/17/2013 8:17:32 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/gabe-newell-teases-steam-box-news-6414520

Come on, GABE show off that Steambox. If it gives me everything that Steam offers and in a nice Console format then I say F the PS4/X1.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2StormKMDPosted 9/17/2013 8:19:51 AM
Why would you buy it if you already had a gaming computer? Why not get a PS4 for JRPGs, exclusives, etc? Or Xbox for their exclusives?
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#3Super_Thug44Posted 9/17/2013 8:23:56 AM
I'm not giving a single **** about what Valve says until they say something about Half Life 3. Even mentioning the damn game would be good news.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2Q46wvY.png
Currently watching: Breaking Bad, Fringe
#4zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:29:16 AM
StormKMD posted...
Why would you buy it if you already had a gaming computer? Why not get a PS4 for JRPGs, exclusives, etc? Or Xbox for their exclusives?

Because if Gabe can give us Steam in a console with Steam Workshop then I wont even need those. Also my Laptop is probably going to be out of date soon with the Next Gen consoles approaching.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#5StormKMDPosted 9/17/2013 8:34:23 AM
Do you know the definition of exclusives? Mods on the Steam Workshop aren't going to change the fact that there's other games on consoles that you can't get on Steam. However, if you don't like the exclusives (which, judging from your sig, you like them), then I can understand that.
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#6zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2013 8:39:26 AM
StormKMD posted...
Do you know the definition of exclusives? Mods on the Steam Workshop aren't going to change the fact that there's other games on consoles that you can't get on Steam. However, if you don't like the exclusives (which, judging from your sig, you like them), then I can understand that.

I'm still going to get the X1, but the Steam Box would take priority #1 if it has just as good if not better specs than the 2 consoles. Playing a stable Skyrim with mods would be enough of a substitute.
---