This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard to Shut Diablo 3 Auction house

#21Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 12:03:47 PM
You've failed to grok the critical difference between WoW and Diablo then. Binding items is essential to what makes WoW work and completely opposite to what the Diablo games are. One is about a constant gear/content progression carrort and the other is about farming progressively rarer gear and trading it to assemble ever more powerful sets
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#22Lemur_HPosted 9/17/2013 12:13:25 PM
neroAngelo posted...
I swear Blizz is run by monkeys now. This is a terrible idea. An AH is much better than watching chat spam for hours to see if anyone is selling something useful to you character.

What D3 needs is a gold sink. A lack of BoEs and BoAs in D3 is mind boggling considering these are the same guys that made WoW

With the new transmog system coming up, you can spend gold to re-roll stats on items and once you do, the item binds to your account/character.
#23r0ge00Posted 9/17/2013 12:14:08 PM
jake-sf posted...
Still need offline and modding.
#24SteamsterPosted 9/17/2013 12:40:02 PM
Orestes417 posted...
So now we go back to the old days of dodgy player trades and shady third party sites. Yeah, big improvement there morons.

Or you get the gear yourself since they're making that very easy.

No need to be a scrub about it.
#25LiquidDeePosted 9/17/2013 12:41:16 PM
about time
#26ThePCElitistPosted 9/17/2013 12:50:11 PM
It was required before they nerfed the game into carebear mode. I remember buying stuff from the AH just to progress beyond a certain area in inferno.
---
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU
#27pokemanxPosted 9/17/2013 1:05:43 PM
why not do it now? milk it more?
---
Therefore I am....yes yes...
#28Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 1:10:26 PM
Steamster posted...
Orestes417 posted...
So now we go back to the old days of dodgy player trades and shady third party sites. Yeah, big improvement there morons.

Or you get the gear yourself since they're making that very easy.

No need to be a scrub about it.

Clearly you never actually played Diablo 2 if you think "very easy gear" is a good thing.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#29sonicteam2k1Posted 9/17/2013 1:14:35 PM
neroAngelo posted...
I swear Blizz is run by monkeys now. This is a terrible idea. An AH is much better than watching chat spam for hours to see if anyone is selling something useful to you character.

What D3 needs is a gold sink. A lack of BoEs and BoAs in D3 is mind boggling considering these are the same guys that made WoW

well they are adding the drop % from the console versions I believe.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#30urtvPosted 9/17/2013 1:25:58 PM
still not enough reason for me to reinstall