This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard to Shut Diablo 3 Auction house

#31stalker_sanPosted 9/17/2013 12:29:15 PM
Thank god. Maybe there is no need for me to switch to the PS3 version after all.
---
Games in gamer's hands, to ensure our freedom! Against DRM, Digital Distribution and Steam!!!
Just pretend Bravely Default is the real Final Fantasy XV
#32SlaynPosted 9/17/2013 12:29:56 PM
Well without the AH, I don't see why they can't make it online only, except for it might be a HUGE task, since apparently a lot of the game is server side.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#33xpiritflarePosted 9/17/2013 12:46:40 PM
Dollarman_2005 posted...
"yo lets cash grab for like a year or two and then peace out and tell them it's in the better interest of the game"

Don't forget the main cash grab was putting the name on the game. Then releasing an expansion fixing most of the problems that the game shouldn't have had in the first place.
---
Yeah. "I'm going to turn back time an hour. It'll take about an hour." - AnnaBananaa
#34Dragon NexusPosted 9/17/2013 1:21:55 PM
Boge posted...
"it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot."

It didn't have to undermine the loot drops though, that's what people have been screaming about forever. The system can stay in for all I care, just adjust the loot drops as if the AH wasn't there.

Exactly this.
The AH is fine, it's just the BS gameplay adjustments they made to push the thing further than it needed to be purely as a money making exercise that most people were against. the AH in and of itself was not a problem.
---
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
#35drointhewindPosted 9/17/2013 1:36:27 PM
This is good news! not enough to restore my faith in Blizzard or for me to buy another of their games but good news non the less.
Diablo 3 killed my habit of pre-ordering games so I must thank it for that because it has saved me from some stinkers (Rome 2)
---
On DLC: ""You know what would make this better? Paying more money."- Cracked.com
#36kbe2k2Posted 9/17/2013 1:57:27 PM
People seem to be forgetting that loot 2.0 is coming too.

With better loot you won't really need to trade, it works just fine on console where you actually get better gear by playing and not spending all day flipping items in the auction house.
#37GGscrubPosted 9/17/2013 2:10:30 PM
kbe2k2 posted...

With better loot you won't really need to trade, it works just fine on console where you actually get better gear by playing and not spending all day flipping items in the auction house.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718652-diablo-iii

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718652-diablo-iii/67267763
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-HDUBbtgQ
#38Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 2:10:52 PM
kbe2k2 posted...

With no need to trade you destroy the entire foundation of the series. GG there chief.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#39kbe2k2Posted 9/17/2013 2:28:12 PM
GGscrub posted...
kbe2k2 posted...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718652-diablo-iii

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/718652-diablo-iii/67267763

Orestes417 posted...
kbe2k2 posted...

With no need to trade you destroy the entire foundation of the series. GG there chief.

Playing it on console, haven't felt the need to trade and enjoying the game way more than I did on PC. I put hundreds of hours into D2 mods like MXL without making trades, when I still played D2 on Bnet I never once made a trade game or sat in a trade channel and yet I put thousands of hours into the game. I put hundreds of hours into PoE and never made a single trade with anyone.

Let's see Sacred 1 & 2, Torchlight 2..... can keep listing ARPGs that didn't have an AH or a way to trade with other people and I still enjoyed these games.
#40Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 2:32:11 PM
Then you weren't participating in the high end of the game. Or you were absolutely insane and farmed your own zod runes. Or you botted your ass off. Regardless you somehow missed the blatantly obvious design inclination of the series.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.