This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard to Shut Diablo 3 Auction house

#61CatToyPosted 9/17/2013 5:15:00 PM(edited)
Inferno did not present you with impossible foes for the express purpose of avoiding them. The whole reason the difficulty was designed the way it was was so you would farm the previous act for gear until you COULD survive the following act, at which point you would farm that act to until you could survive the one after that.

The entire Inferno difficulty was poorly designed, but to pretend for a second that corpse hopping and running through enemies was an intended part of a game in which you typically slaughter EVERYTHING is absolutely ridiculous.

We're not talking a just a couple of challenges that you're clearly supposed to avoid, this was effectively the entire game (difficulty really, all acts) that people were blatantly abusing mechanics to complete. And I haven't yet seen you deny that you corpse hopped.
---
pon pon way way way ponpon way pon way pon pon, way way ponponpon way way pon way pon way way.
#62JKatarnPosted 9/17/2013 5:42:01 PM
GGscrub posted...
kbe2k2 posted...
GGscrub posted...

So you are basically admitting you were talking out of yours ass, i get it.

yours ass..... how so?

I see you realized it yourself how foolish you sounded.

This + your screenname = pot calling kettle black.
---
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
#63Chaos_MissilePosted 9/17/2013 6:18:22 PM
Orestes417 posted...
kbe2k2 posted...
People seem to be forgetting that loot 2.0 is coming too.

With better loot you won't really need to trade, it works just fine on console where you actually get better gear by playing and not spending all day flipping items in the auction house.

With no need to trade you destroy the entire foundation of the series. GG there chief.

Considering your "foundation" ended with a 2 (TWO) means it's not really a foundation at all.

The entire foundation of the series is a dark fantasy click-fest with tons of loot.

Trading mechanics only began when stuff like Pokemon proved to be popular. Hence, they made the drop rate higher so that trading is almost required.

On topic, I say finally. Still need an offline-only and I might consider getting D3. The fact that the expansion pack announces a class I truly like is the icing on top.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#64Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 6:21:58 PM
Yeah, if you think trading wasn't prevalent in Diablo from the beginning you're delusional.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#65Chaos_MissilePosted 9/17/2013 7:01:58 PM
Orestes417 posted...
Yeah, if you think trading wasn't prevalent in Diablo from the beginning you're delusional.

Really, the very first Diablo game had multiplayer components? That's a first I've heard tbqh. Then again, I have very little experience with the first one.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#66Orestes417Posted 9/17/2013 7:06:54 PM
Yup. The very first game had multiplayer and even included a "Spawn" version of the game to help facilitate it on LANs when you only had one cd handy.
---
If they asked how I died tell them: Still angry.
#67GarhinderPosted 9/17/2013 7:25:42 PM
B-but, guise, it's a core part of the experience! We can't remove it...

Just like the always online, it's a core part of the experience, and it ca- Oh wait...
#68SlaynPosted 9/18/2013 12:37:23 AM
This thread reminds me of how you can't make everyone happy.
---
You can buy a $500 console and a $500 computer and have two crap machines, or you can spend $1000 building your own computer and have the best of both worlds.
#69claytonbuckleyPosted 9/18/2013 12:54:07 AM
AH wasn't the worst part for me. Worst part was having to play the same short campaign with its horrendous story through 3 times to get to the difficulty i wanted on every single character.

When i can make a lvl 1 toon playing Inferno, and stop making me log in i might care again. All that said i did reinstall it recently, wanted to finish it on inferno, never did kill Belial.
---
Steam ID - Som!
Origin - Somonah
#70FeatherwindPosted 9/18/2013 2:47:41 AM
CatToy posted...
Inferno did not present you with impossible foes for the express purpose of avoiding them. The whole reason the difficulty was designed the way it was was so you would farm the previous act for gear until you COULD survive the following act, at which point you would farm that act to until you could survive the one after that.

The entire Inferno difficulty was poorly designed, but to pretend for a second that corpse hopping and running through enemies was an intended part of a game in which you typically slaughter EVERYTHING is absolutely ridiculous.

We're not talking a just a couple of challenges that you're clearly supposed to avoid, this was effectively the entire game (difficulty really, all acts) that people were blatantly abusing mechanics to complete. And I haven't yet seen you deny that you corpse hopped.

They didn't say that you have to kill all of them either. The only thing you got from killing was the obviously optional buff that in no way affected your progress.

Well I find them not considering that players would try to avoid the monsters whose difficulty was obviously out of line with the rest of the game much more unrealistic especially as the RPG they have developed for years is full of this. Death enabling plays is another video game staple that exists in many RPGs again including the RPG they have developed for years before making Diablo 3. They even made two different modes: a mode where you could die and a mode where you couldn't. And I find it very hard to believe that they wrote the code for monsters returning to where they were before killing you, didn't notice it didn't work and couldn't fix it in the few weeks it took me to buy the game & get to play it. They implemented the Teleport spell and the rune that allowed you to travel further - to me it seems absolutely impossible they didn't consider that these could be used to run away from the enemies.

Anyways your initial claim of those who claim Inferno was not hard being liars is false as it seems those who have a less scrubby (I know this word has negative connotations but I don't mean it is an insult) way of playing the game can also claim it wasn't that hard. I played and many others played the game with the mechanics that existed back then. Perhaps I have played games for too long but I don't find all this "immersion breaking" stuff people generally complain about being so problematic. Diablo 3 is a game where you can buy items with real money and which has latency in single player. Death having advantages is far from the most unusual design choices the game had. It's not that the whole elite mechanic that was broken either or that dying intentionally completely broke the game - a very significant part of Act 1, 2 and 4 elites were doable and in line with the difficulty of the rest of the game. Giving you a way of avoiding the impossible combinations resulting from the random monster generator allowed them to release the game in that state without completely balancing the traits. Letting you avoid monsters by dying tactically is weird but maybe they thought it was the lesser of two evils if the option was the player getting stuck on packs whose difficulty was obviously out of the line with the difficulty of the rest of the game.