This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

When was the last time you used a REALLY slow computer?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When was the last time you used a REALLY slow computer?
2 years ago#11
2 years ago#12
At this very moment, I am...
2 years ago#13
Last time I got called to help troubleshoot problems on a friend's PC (a couple of months ago). It was an old eMachines PC with a single core CPU and 2GB of RAM on XP and had about half a dozen viruses and spyware infections on it. I cleared all of his viruses and got everything back working like it should be again, but it still took like 2 minutes to boot to the desktop and then another minute or so of waiting after that to get to where you could do anything.
2 years ago#14
My laptop feels pretty slow sometimes when I'm doing work, only because I'm working on a project that requires a constant connection to a remote database, and public wifi can be terrible sometimes. Some page requests actually take 5 minutes for a response (even though the actual page load from my server is half a second)
WikiLeaks scandal: WikiLeaks is not a true Wiki!
2 years ago#15
10 minutes ago using an old 350mhz windows 98.
So slow that windows all peel closed slowly.
I don't know why either, is got an ati rage 2. And my previous machine that was a 200mhz with a rage 1 didn't have that problem.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
2 years ago#16
A Dell Dimension 4100 from back in 2001 thereabouts. It was an Intel PIII Coppermine at 933Mhz, and 512MB of Ram. It had a GeForce 2 MX AGP graphics card, It was the last pre-built I ever bought, since then every computer was one I built myself.
Intel i5 3570k | 8GB DDR3 | MSI TF3 HD7950 | PS2 | Xbox | PS3 | Wii U | PSP | DS
Gaming is about fun, not company loyalty or close minded platform worship
2 years ago#17
Ugh screen peeling is the absolute worst.

I get angrier at electronics than I do people. Someone could rear end me when driving and I'll be less angry at than that a computer now opening a window I want to load immediately like it should.
Undefeated lifetime.
Currently playing: Tales of Xillia, White Knight Chronicles, Far Cry 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, The Last Story, Ni no Kuni, Pandoras Tower
2 years ago#18
Sometimes I log onto my celeron 900 laptop just to update it...

Other than that, not really, I'm mostly on tech from this decade. I haven't used my old athlon XP system since i got my current PC. I was so happy to not have to use that piece of garbage any more...
Desktop: Phenom II X4 965 | 8 GB DDR3 | GTX 580 | 1 TB HDD | W7 | 650W Antec | 1600x900
Laptop: A6 3400m | 4 GB DDR3 | HD 6520g | 500 GB HDD | W7 | 1366x768
2 years ago#19
I used one a few days ago. Its a 2006 Dell Dimension which takes like 4mins to fully boot.
We're Americans! We don't quit just because we're wrong.
We just keep doing the wrong thing until it turns out right.
2 years ago#20
Everyday at work as well...
FX8350 / ATI Sapphire 7870XT OCed / Patriot 64GB SSD / 3x1TB WD Black / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 / 12GB DDR3 / 750W C-Master GX / Corsair 300R / Steam ID : PatriBrod
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. When was the last time you used a REALLY slow computer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived