This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does anyone else here miss the days when you have a game disc?

#1QUIKPosted 9/17/2013 6:08:32 PM
I miss the days when you actually inserted a pc disc into the computer, entered the activation key and played. Now everything is digital and you feel like you down even own the game, unless you have a console...

I like having a game collection but honestly on Steam you just don't feel it like you did when you had the game discs and actually needed the game disc inside the PC rather than being connected to the Internet...
#2Digital StormPosted 9/17/2013 6:09:18 PM
No.
---
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.
#3pfantzypantzPosted 9/17/2013 6:09:33 PM
Digital Storm posted...
No.
#4Another_CyzykPosted 9/17/2013 6:09:49 PM
In a way I do...

And in a way I am actually pretty happy about not having to store discs and CD keys for the two or three hundred PC games I've acquired over years and years of gaming.
#5MarceloSampaioPosted 9/17/2013 6:12:09 PM
Nope, I don't miss those days where I had to treat my game discs like they where made with cotton.

I don't miss the installation errors caused by a minor scratch;

I don't miss the sadness I used to get after noticing that my favorite game's disc is so old that my drive just doesn't wanna read it;

I don't miss the spindown/spinup lag;

I don't even miss having a disc drive!
---
:3
Everything is nice and cool... until the roach starts to fly!
#6Tiberius1151Posted 9/17/2013 6:12:34 PM
No, less stuff to clutter my desk space.
#7ShadianVisePosted 9/17/2013 6:12:44 PM
It's a huge deal for me to have a physical collection of games for consoles, and I will never buy digital unless I'm forced to, but PC gaming is a different matter. Steam is just so convenient and user-friendly that I don't mind having all of my games digital. It's also the only digital-download service that makes me feel like I do actually own the games, as it allows me to back them up and such.
---
http://www.youtube.com/ShadianVise
TLoZ: Oracle of Ages playthrough in progress.
#8PathlessBulletPosted 9/17/2013 6:15:35 PM
Nope. I embraced the digital era with open arms once I realized physical copies are actually susceptible to damage and have poor resell value.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#9sonicteam2k1Posted 9/17/2013 6:16:53 PM
for PC no, because games are so cheap I'd have way more disc around than I have now.

For console games, I'll rather stick to the disc.
---
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
#10CloudZ1116Posted 9/17/2013 6:25:59 PM
I still have game discs for every PC game that I want a physical copy of. On the other hand, I do have a massive Steam library of games that I don't care that much about, mostly from impulse buys during sales or from Humble Bundles.
---
Intel Core i7 2600k | XFX Radeon HD 7950 | MSI P67A-G45 | Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 16GB | Crucial M4 128GB | WD Cavair Black 1TB | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W