This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

yet another upgrade thread

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. yet another upgrade thread

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
3 years ago#11
Well, my computer isn't shutting off or otherwise acting unusually, so I do not bother to check. I think it's a waste to spend all money on these cooling solutions unless you plan to overclock an absurd amount (and hope your chip has a high enough bin to even be able to do it.)

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#12
Loserman15 posted...
Well, my computer isn't shutting off or otherwise acting unusually, so I do not bother to check. I think it's a waste to spend all money on these cooling solutions unless you plan to overclock an absurd amount (and hope your chip has a high enough bin to even be able to do it.)

>overclocked on stock cooler
>doesn't check hardware temps
Currently playing: Torchlight II
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#13
gsf4lyfe posted...
Loserman15 posted...

Probably didn't test stability with a burn-type test either.
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

User Info: Blarghinston

Blarghinston
3 years ago#14
No, I used intel burn test for 24 hours straight. It was fine.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
3 years ago#15
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...
Loserman15 posted...

Probably didn't test stability with a burn-type test either.

Yeah, most of the time people with the stock cooler doesn't test long enough or check the temp after usage & not in real time. Video encoding is like using prime95 but it can encode for quite awhile(25min+).

I used to have the i7 920 & the stock cooler was reaching 90c+ at stock clock. I bet Intel was afraid to sell the 2011 cpu with a again an indecent cooler.
Sabertooth X79|Core i7 3930K @4.3GHz|Zalman CNPS12X|Kingston HyperX 8X4GB CL9|VisionTek HD7970 3GB|10TB storage|Silent Pro M1000W|TC-32LZ800|Corsair 800D
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. yet another upgrade thread

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived